Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with a draw yesterday 2 points behind West Ham in 4th with a game in hand if we beat Burnley and Palace.
I assume you realise we've already played Burnley (lost) and Palace (Drew).

We're currently 7 points behind West Ham with 1 game in hand but with the way we're playing there is no guarantee we'll win any game.

From the position we're in at the moment I'd be delighted with finishing in 7th above Spurs and Arsenal. It would be nice to finish about the RS as well but that won't happen.

Inappropriate Language
re-watched the game this morning. The highlight for me was, and is, the through ball from Rodriguez for Sigurdsson in the first half which was truly visionary, as the run hadn't even started when he played the through ball to the left of the penalty box. Any other prem team scores from there. James is a level above all of the team by a considerable distance. Having a midfield of Holgate, Davies and Sigurdsson must be painful for him. Our summer spending needs to be on some superior midfield players and another striker. Last nights bench was astonishing. We need to stop buying journeymen footballers and squad players. We already have a first eleven full of squad players, they should be our second choice. Our playing staff does not measure up with our ambitions. I really hope we make the Europa spot this year because we are several players short for a European campaign and would have to buy. If we go into next season with the same playing staff we are really F@#$ED!

Good point in the end considering all the circumstances. Potter must be kicking himself for not winning that. He knows he is safe anyway with just the point.

That performance was dire. We created next to nothing and we couldn't stop them creating chances. Let's hope there is an improvement on Friday. No chance we'll get top 4, we'll be lucky to get 5th and qualify for Europe ( Or will it go to 6th. if a Prem teams win the Champions League and finishes in the top 5?).

Even with injuries that was poor.
Ask most Everton fans at the start of the season if they would swap any of last nights Everton team for Brighton’s team and most would have said no.

That shows how bad we are as a team, absolutely no fluidity at all, we were too scared and not good enough to try and attack a Brighton team, let that sink in.
Lallana and Welbeck had more of the ball and created more than Rodriguez and Richarlison, that is inexcusable.

Im struggling to remember a performance as bad a sigs was last night. Every pass was either under hit over hit or aimless. Even holgate was better and he looked like the very definition of the square peg round hole narrative. Davies was terrible but still head and shoulders above sig.

The crowning moments for me on all 3 were

Sig- james played an absolute wonder pass into the box, did sig use some of that craftsmanship and work a shot? No he played a misdirected pass to digne.

Holgate - richy on the halfway line had the rin on dunk who was struggling. Mason had a shot, well i thought it was a shot he hit the thru ball so hard.

Davies- 2nd half no one on him it was the first decent bit of play wed put together. His lack of control looked more like he was layin it off to the brighton player on a give and go.

Awful performance

A “for instance”?

We certainly have a good manager, quite what a problem his age causes I’m not sure, personally.

He’s defo made some big errors that have cost us games but a number of our wins in tight games have been as a direct result of his tactics. He’s won us more points than he’s lost us and he’s not had many of his own players to work with.
I haven't mentioned Carlo's age. It wouldn't bother me if he was 18 or 80.
The football is absolutely horrible to watch. It is worse than Sam Allardyce's football.
He needs to get more out of the players and the squad. When does it become his squad then?

Status
Not open for further replies.