Match Thread Brighton HA v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll.

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CARLO MOTD INTERVIEW

GRAHAM POTTER MOTD INTERVIEW

Pickford/GK

RB/Coleman
Keane/Godfrey
Mina/Holgate
Digne/Nkounkou

Allan/Davies
Doucoure/CM
AM/Sigurdsson

Richarlison/Iwobi
DCL/ST
James/RF

Two good players in each position is desirable. With the VERY charitable position that Pickford, Coleman, Nkounkou, Davies, Sigurdsson and Iwobi are good enough to be first or second choice in their positions for a PL team, that leaves us short of a GK, RB, CM, AM, ST and RF.

In a truly exceptional window we fill those six definite gaps; even then we’d still all be debating the suitability for purpose of those other six “maybes” I named.

TL;DR: We don’t have a very good PL squad even before 634 injuries. We probably still won’t next season. Relax. We’re doing fine.

Pickford/GK

RB/Coleman
Keane/Godfrey
Mina/Holgate
Digne/Nkounkou

Allan/Davies
Doucoure/CM
AM/Sigurdsson

Richarlison/Iwobi
DCL/ST
James/RF

Two good players in each position is desirable. With the VERY charitable position that Pickford, Coleman, Nkounkou, Davies, Sigurdsson and Iwobi are good enough to be first or second choice in their positions for a PL team, that leaves us short of a GK, RB, CM, AM, ST and RF.

In a truly exceptional window we fill those six definite gaps; even then we’d still all be debating the suitability for purpose of those other six “maybes” I named.

TL;DR: We don’t have a very good PL squad even before 634 injuries. We probably still won’t next season. Relax. We’re doing fine.

Gomes?

The RF/ST may have to be 1 player who can do either role.

Moise Kean anyone?

Pickford/GK

RB/Coleman
Keane/Godfrey
Mina/Holgate
Digne/Nkounkou

Allan/Davies
Doucoure/CM
AM/Sigurdsson

Richarlison/Iwobi
DCL/ST
James/RF

It would help if we had a good modern day manager

It would help if we had a good modern day manager
A “for instance”?

We certainly have a good manager, quite what a problem his age causes I’m not sure, personally.

He’s defo made some big errors that have cost us games but a number of our wins in tight games have been as a direct result of his tactics. He’s won us more points than he’s lost us and he’s not had many of his own players to work with.

Different strokes and all that, but I honestly believe he is worse than all of those players.

In terms of natural footballing ability, he's arguably the best or 2nd best of the 4 behind Sigurdsson imo. But lack of pace and switching off far too often make it unlikely he'll ever succeed here. Bet he's a belter in training.

Pickford/GK

RB/Coleman
Keane/Godfrey
Mina/Holgate
Digne/Nkounkou

Allan/Davies
Doucoure/CM
AM/Sigurdsson

Richarlison/Iwobi
DCL/ST
James/RF

1618272683848.png

Do you not watch football often or just maybe not keep up with the news? The away team had circa 6 first team players absent from a depleted squad. That generally results in what you saw tonight.
Yes, because this is the first terrible performance of the season, and we aren’t currently 5 games winless are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.