2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just pretty annoyed about the whole situation. The lad deserved a break and this is horrible for him and the club. But we need to look at ourselves and see if anything can be done better because we cannot afford another season like this.

Injuries are part of football, but this season they have almost decimated us. I can only think of one player in our senior squad who has avoided one this year - Godfrey.

Pickford - hip issues
Olsen - some small issues
Keane - missed a couple around new year
Mina - various small injuries
Coleman - various problems
Digne - broken ankle/foot
Gomes - various small injuries
Allan - various injuries, mostly hamstring
Davies - some small problems
Doucoure - broken foot
Richarlison - concussion/head injury around new year
DCL - hamstring issues in Jan/Feb
James - various problems (but expected)
Sigurdsson - some small problems
Iwobi - various small injuries
Delph - permanently injured

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong because we maybe aren't, but that list means we need to look into it thoroughly. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.
Coincidence...I think not..

We've found the culprit!

Maybe we should wait and find out what the injury actually is before we jump to conclusions about either the player’s future or the medical staff?

Silly me...

It's another injury though, and another example on top of how many this season? Something's not right and needs to be looked at.

In this specific case, with Gbamin, remember that his initial quad problem in August 2019 was set to be 6-8 weeks out if they'd have gone for surgery.

They didn't, then he returned to slight training and had another setback, meaning he then needed surgery, which kept him out from October/November time to just before lockdown when he was working his way back. We then know he got the Achilles injury just before the restart.

This issue actually stems, ultimately, from the medical staff, so it's right they are questioned.

The volume and severity and occurrence of injuries we have is ludicrous, especially for a team who don't play in Europe.

Absolutley gutted for the poor sod - just unbelievably bad luck - not sure how many more times he can "recover".

I was really impressed with what he said in his interviews, and how he was handling himself and thought he would be a good addition to the squad - stuck with slugerdson still festering in the midfield until season end now.

I think it is more than fair to question what we the club are doing from a physiotherapy/recovery and training point of view, as we do seem to suffer from an inordinate number of these freak injuries, across the squad.

Kin joke club, we really are.

In all seriousness, major scrutiny must come on the entire physio/medical department at this point. And why is it, seemingly, exclusively midfielders who are picking up injuries constantly? Just a really nasty coincidence?

The only one to escape an injury of any real sort this season is Sigurdsson. (n)
Na even Sigurdsson picked up a knock at the beginning of the year, it just didn't keep him out for very long. ALL of our midfielders have been unavailable for games due to injury this season at one point or another.

I'm just pretty annoyed about the whole situation. The lad deserved a break and this is horrible for him and the club. But we need to look at ourselves and see if anything can be done better because we cannot afford another season like this.

Injuries are part of football, but this season they have almost decimated us. I can only think of one player in our senior squad who has avoided one this year - Godfrey.

Pickford - hip issues
Doucoure - broken foot

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong because we maybe aren't, but that list means we need to look into it thoroughly. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.

I should have added Bernard to this list. He's still out atm as far as I am aware.

Pickford - hip issues
Doucoure - broken foot

I'm not sure how we can cope with that sort of list. I'm not saying we are definitely doing something wrong, but that list means we could be doing something wrong. I'm not sure it can all be purely bad luck.

All those in bold have picked up some kind of knock / injury this season in training.

There is jaw-droppingly bad luck and then there's this. £20-odd million.

Controversial this, but I'm not a medical professional, so I think it'd be a bit mad if I hammered the medical staff when I know practically none of the details on any of these injuries he's had.

If he's frigged and never going going be quite right again, unless we sign two midfielders in the summer, Tom Davies and Andre Gomes will still be getting regular football next season.
Dont think one have to be an expert to know any of his injuriy details. He is back on grass only a couple months. Full contact only a month. Then goes and plays in the most physical league in the world. Complete madness that the everton staff and manager chose this option. They can have all the decorations and letters after their names they want. Pointless when common sense would have said madness. For me the player, medical team and carlo are to blame for rushing back. Freak injuries will happen in football but the chances are multiplied when the bosy is not ready. He could have been eased into games and contact pre season and given some chance to his career which will now be over at the top level.

It's another injury though, and another example on top of how many this season? Something's not right and needs to be looked at.

In this specific case, with Gbamin, remember that his initial quad problem in August 2019 was set to be 6-8 weeks out if they'd have gone for surgery.

They didn't, then he returned to slight training and had another setback, meaning he then needed surgery, which kept him out from October/November time to just before lockdown when he was working his way back. We then know he got the Achilles injury just before the restart.

This issue actually stems, ultimately, from the medical staff, so it's right they are questioned.

The volume and severity and occurrence of injuries we have is ludicrous, especially for a team who don't play in Europe.
The previous two injuries fair enough. But this one we know NOTHING about.

Say for example he slipped in the shower and fractured his foot. Or really any impact injury.

That’s the medical department’s fault how?

Status
Not open for further replies.