2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my case I remember back to the games I saw Kean play in .

I was no different to anyone else in wanting him to do well if for no reason other than shutting up Souness ..

He did get chances, I would have liked to see him having got more chances, but that wish was not based on what I saw on the pitch from him..... because that was generally unimpressive .
I was continually hoping for a spark of magic to get his season going but it never really happened

I did see an attitude which suggested to me that he should be in the first eleven and it was an injustice when he wasn't..but that was just me being disappointed in a player that I hoped would transform our team.
I read people saying that he
Would only get ten, fifteen or twenty minutes.. but why was that?
Brands and CA signed him, he was their player. They wanted him to do well more than anyone

I think it may have been a move doomed to failure from an early date when Kean realised how much work was ahead of him to try to dislodge DCL Richarlison and secondly I think he realised early that Liverpool is not Paris, Turin or Rome
I am looking back now in hindsight and it is only my opinion.
Not sure he would have left us for psg so he'd get in their team easier. For me it was obvious he had something special about him but something wasn't clicking..I get the feeling he wasn't particularly happy here for whatever reason. I reckon he's a big talent but won't want to come back here. Shame really because he's got a lot to offer

Not sure he would have left us for psg so he'd get in their team easier. For me it was obvious he had something special about him but something wasn't clicking..I get the feeling he wasn't particularly happy here for whatever reason. I reckon he's a big talent but won't want to come back here. Shame really because he's got a lot to offer

Biggest sales...

1: Lukaku £75mil
2: Stones £47.5mil
3: Rooney £28mil
4: Fellaini £27.5mil

It would be nice if Kean takes 2nd place.

I'm ok if he leaves, because if its a personal reason - people don't HAVE TO settle in Liverpool or Cheshire - and he just likes it better in Paris or Italy, then fair enough, but then I hope this is the time where Brands shows the other side of his work - the Ajax / Dortmund style buying low selling high. If Kean was an investment I would like to see us get another £15m on what we paid at least. PSG has shown he can score and why can't we aim for £40-45m. He should be more, as he's a goalscoring, very young player, but that's what we need to work on.

Looking at that, ours sales are crap, think Brewster from the RS went for the same price as fellaini it’s a joke
Transfer fees escalated over just a few years up to the start of the pandemic.

Fees that were considered good one season might be thought poor After 24 months .

To get a fair comparison you need to look at fees in the same window

Brewster cost more than Rooney but fifteen years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.