New Everton Stadium Discussion

Chrsit on a bike this is hard work. The current legislation states that all measures willed on 21st June. It would take a new Statutory Instrument to be laid before the HoP to extend it beyond then and there is no political or populous will for that even if things start to go a bit pair shaped. It is the opposite of your argument, rather than a ban on stadium attendance having to be removed, it will have to be re legislated for. Very very different positions. Just give ut up mate, you have got the wrong end of enough of this stick to get the wrong end of a forest.

I think you are misunderstanding my argument. I've simply stated that the legislation, as applied today, would have to change because nobody would be interested in paying for a stadium that nobody would be allowed to attend.

No restrictions, no problem!

So if the plan goes ahead and the restrictions are removed, sound! But if there was a need to make use of that subsection that states the plan can be completely changed should it need to be, then that could be a problem. Hopefully that won't be the case, but I'm clearly not as confident in predicting the future as many other people are.

Last edited:
If the Government banned fans from football, for ever, there would be no fans at any sports, no music gigs, ever, no TV audiences, ever, no theatres, ever also.

There would also be no need for a ground at all.

So no, your premise would not be considered. Cos no money would be needed.

So we are agreed that a continuation of the current outright ban on attending live events would likely put people off investing half a billion pound on a stadium built to host live events?

I think you are misunderstanding my argument. I've simply stated that the legislation, as applied today, would have to change because nobody would be interested in paying for a stadium that nobody would be allowed to attend.

No restrictions, no problem!

So if the plan goes ahead and the restrictions are removed, sound! But if there was a need to make use of that subsection that states the plan can be completely changed should it need to be, then that could be a problem. Hopefully that won't be the case, but I'm clearly not as confident in predicting the future as many other people are.

WE ARE NOT PLAYING AT BMD THIS AFTERNOON

So we are agreed that a continuation of the current outright ban on attending live events would likely put people off investing half a billion pound on a stadium built to host live events?
Absolutely. But there would need to be some strong indication that such a continuation (to cover a period of over 3 years from now) was actually going to happen, in order for investors to be put off.

There isn't, so they won't be.

giphy.gif

No. They wouldnt even consider it as a risk.

If a lender did actually consider it as a risk, they would be the worst property financier on the planet, and has probably never lent a penny.