New Everton Stadium Discussion

I have watched it again. It still brings tears to my eyes or happen I am jkust a silly old fool.

The fulfillment of the new stadium and the Goodison project will do more the city than has ever been done by that lot over the way something as Evertonians we sould always be proud of.
I know the first bit especially I was like wow.. real tear jurker, we do have an amazing football team... I honestly cannot think of any other club that does so much for it's own city.

Could of easily sold the land and make some sort of recoup, however the club has decided against this especially during this difficult times.
The club has not only said that we don't want money for the land but have also said we will help regeneration in the goodison areas! Building places that can be used by the people of the city no matter whom you support...

Also they haven't gone and cut corners by the docks but spending over 50m pounds in restoring the old docks and buildings l

Absolutely amazing!!

Setting an example to other city's and leading from the front.

I don't feel we're getting enough credit in the media

Don’t think that’s spending several million on Sandhills Station? it’s more making it safe rather than increasing its capacity, which is the the real problem. If I recall correctly the transport assessment in the planning docs expected most people to use Kirkdale/ Bootle Bank Hall/ Moorfields after the games because of the limitations of Sandhills.

By the time it's built, could be a nice walk to bmd. Restaurants bars on route

I’m thinking of buying one of these...

1616960904668.jpeg

Don’t think that’s spending several million on Sandhills Station? it’s more making it safe rather than increasing its capacity, which is the the real problem. If I recall correctly the transport assessment in the planning docs expected most people to use Kirkdale/ Bootle Bank Hall/ Moorfields after the games because of the limitations of Sandhills.
I think there are plans to 'corrall ' fans at Sandhills after the game ,like they do at Wembley Park . Hopefully increase the frequency of trains from the current 15 mins ( 30 mins on Sundays ) intervals . But fans might stay longer at BMD if there are bars and food outlets open.

I know we have to move and a new stadium on the waterfront is absolutely quality.....but you know when you take a step back and really think about, it will be horrible not having Everton play at Goodison and in particular the area where we've played in our entire history.
.whether you come from Anfield way and walk through Stanley Park, bus from town, live in Walton, short bus ride from West Derby Road, long drive from somewhere out of the City.....I just love the walk to Goodison, seeing her all lit up, enticing you in the hope that your going to see something special and magical.

All the history, all the legends, all the crap players, all the generations of family, all the rows if houses right on top of you, crowds overspillijg out of chip shops and the pub. That buzz around goodison the noise of the old turnstiles turning for the millionth time in its life.

Going to be so weird starting all this again, not doing the familiar journey.

I know we'll make it home and we'll make it our own but it's like selling a house that your kids were born in, or a family home you've stayed in all your life. I know it has to be done, but I honestly wish it didn't as I'll just be absolutely devastated to not be going to Goodison.

I wanted to be an old man, thats what I envisaged, going to Goodison with my son and his children (hopefully) in my 90's.

The new stadium looks amazing, but there will never be another Goodison and I'm going to miss it more than my ramblings of a crappy post could ever express.

I'm sure there will be plenty of busses from Lime street station to the new stadium. Few pints roundabout and a few in the stadium, can't wait.
Buses from a few points straight to BMD according to the documents. I think there are special buses from Bootle Strand planned, I believe
They were referred to as Wool Wagons in the planning application iirc.
Yeah, right.

That's if you're strolling along at an an amble. You can easily do two miles in half an hour at a good pace, and Lime Street to Bramley Moore is 1.7(ish) miles.
I've got the Strava app on my phone and I've been using it since the start of the year as I am doing a lot of walking after finishing work (at home). On average it takes me 18 minutes to do a mile. Google says it is 2.3 miles, so it would take me more or less the 38 minutes suggested by Google. If you are a quicker walker, then obviously less. Not that I'll be walking from Lime Street station in any case but I've found the suggested time on Google it takes to walk between 2 points uncannily accurate for my pace.

I know we have to move and a new stadium on the waterfront is absolutely quality.....but you know when you take a step back and really think about, it will be horrible not having Everton play at Goodison and in particular the area where we've played in our entire history.
.whether you come from Anfield way and walk through Stanley Park, bus from town, live in Walton, short bus ride from West Derby Road, long drive from somewhere out of the City.....I just love the walk to Goodison, seeing her all lit up, enticing you in the hope that your going to see something special and magical.

All the history, all the legends, all the crap players, all the generations of family, all the rows if houses right on top of you, crowds overspillijg out of chip shops and the pub. That buzz around goodison the noise of the old turnstiles turning for the millionth time in its life.

Going to be so weird starting all this again, not doing the familiar journey.

I know we'll make it home and we'll make it our own but it's like selling a house that your kids were born in, or a family home you've stayed in all your life. I know it has to be done, but I honestly wish it didn't as I'll just be absolutely devastated to not be going to Goodison.

I wanted to be an old man, thats what I envisaged, going to Goodison with my son and his children (hopefully) in my 90's.

The new stadium looks amazing, but there will never be another Goodison and I'm going to miss it more than my ramblings of a crappy post could ever express.
Ffs got me welling up,ehhrrrm only messing