FFP RIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising as City drove over it with a reputed £50M worth of lawyers...and Covid is backing up over it a few times to make sure.

Replace it with exactly what and who will benefit the most?
I think Covid is the bigger contributor.

City didn't argue successfully against FFP but did argue that UEFA completely screwed their own case due to not meeting various timelines for bringing the charges.

Bit like when someone gets off in court over a technical issue with the arrest or paperwork.

If Usmonov is really lurking and would come in if FFP was punted, leaves pretty much Us, City and Chelsea with proper spending power in England and a handfull of clubs around Europe with decent spending power, everyone else is knackered. They are not going to stop spending by clubs that can afford to spend. We sign harry Kane spurs need to replace him so sign maybe Zaha, Palace need to replace him so look at bottom 5 or championship and so the money goes down the leagues. If Uzzy comes along and says Everton have 500 million to spend in the summer window, we'll be let spend 500 million.. if they curtail spending then clubs will go bankrupt and be gone forever.
Wasnt it Crysler who said they were too big to go bust...because the banks wouldnt let them.?

Short term maybe, but still likely to be enforced... otherwise idiotic owners could go crazy and end up in even more dire financial straits... our accounts are far from healthy.
I would take a guess that Everybodies accounts are far from healthy...and the 'bigger' they are the less healthy they be

So let me get this right? This talk of ffp going will not affect us at all as we aren't in Europe?? And we will still have to adhere to the premier league one where we can't make a loss up to a certain amount over a 3 year period?

Status
Not open for further replies.