FFP RIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And by the PL Short Term Cost Control rules which we are already stretching to the limit
The STCC rules were binned off werent they?

As they were.

I do know the EPL does still have a degree of FFP.

But I think it allows owners to invest.

The STCC rules were binned off werent they?

As they were.

I do know the EPL does still have a degree of FFP.
Short term maybe, but still likely to be enforced... otherwise idiotic owners could go crazy and end up in even more dire financial straits... our accounts are far from healthy.

And why all this talk of massive spending in the summer is incredibly premature.
You wont get it from me!

As I said the other day, The Mosh means we probably wont be scrapping around for pennies like a lot of clubs, but The Rona has complicated things massively.

If Usmonov is really lurking and would come in if FFP was punted, leaves pretty much Us, City and Chelsea with proper spending power in England and a handfull of clubs around Europe with decent spending power, everyone else is knackered. They are not going to stop spending by clubs that can afford to spend. We sign harry Kane spurs need to replace him so sign maybe Zaha, Palace need to replace him so look at bottom 5 or championship and so the money goes down the leagues. If Uzzy comes along and says Everton have 500 million to spend in the summer window, we'll be let spend 500 million.. if they curtail spending then clubs will go bankrupt and be gone forever.
We bought Godfrey for 20m
York got 2 m
That probably saved them this season

The RS will be flapping. They know we will overtake them in the next couple of years. Their money has already been tightened. Back to 7th or 8th for them once Klopp leaves and top 4 every year for us.

The RS will be flapping. They know we will overtake them in the next couple of years. Their money has already been tightened. Back to 7th or 8th for them once Klopp leaves and top 4 every year for us.
It'll benefit them more than us as Premier League "FFP" remains the same. Uefa loosening theirs only helps the big boys really and makes the gap even bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.