Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bit of a daft example, but when we built Goodison, would you have liked it if we called the main stand The Anfield Stand?
Seeing as how we built Anfield and it was infested by the gobsites before we built Goodison ,that was never on the agenda
Plus no one else will be moving into Goodison Park

Surely greatest or most successful players, the Dean 60 on the riverside, closest to the Wirral, the Southall End and the Trinity stand and what else?

I'm hearing that while "USM Stadium" and "Megafon Stadium" are contenders for stadium title, a plucky outsider feels strongly about "Blood Brothers Stadium". This is his latest gambit after he learned that the lack of restricted, limited views in the new build precluded "Bill Kenwright Limited Stadium" from entering the fray.
The Gordon Clegg Arena lol

For some reason, I really dont like "named" stands. Perhaps with a blank canvas its different I guess, but when commentators refer to the Howard Kendal GSE it just doesnt sound right to me.
While I don't feel dead against the idea, I'd rather not have named stands. It always suggest to me a sense of that's that, no more development, no more glory, we can't ever do better than what's gone before. Lounges, statues, gates, walkways, and so on - that's fine, but the stands should be named after abutting roads or landmarks, as they are at Goodison now. It feels grounded, rooted in the community, a mutuality between the stadium and the area in which it stands.

Inappropriate Language
While I don't feel dead against the idea, I'd rather not have named stands. It always suggest to me a sense of that's that, no more development, no more glory, we can't ever do better than what's gone before. Lounges, statues, gates, walkways, and so on - that's fine, but the stands should be named after abutting roads or landmarks, as they are at Goodison now. It feels grounded, rooted in the community, a mutuality between the stadium and the area in which it stands.
So the town, the Mersey, the Regent and the s***farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.