Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t complain with the effort there - my only gripe is our use of the ball sometimes- as good as they you can get at them on the break but we only managed a couple of crisp passing moves the whole match
We definitely have a problem in that department. I always feel like we misplace more passes than the opposition, whoever the opposition are.

The bookies aren't often wrong and they are the side to beat .I thought we did Carlo's plan to a tee and no one should be upset losing to City at the moment .
Yes they never even got out of first gear but the squad they have is just unfair ,maybe just maybe it will be us next on the Magic Roundabout but fair does to them they are a cut above the rest .
A shout for Virginia as he did all and more that could be asked ,great game for him .

Why are so many pretending that "we gave a good account of ourselves" then? I thought we were way too negative all game, that was a quarter final at home in the cup for crying out loud.
We were superb at the back. Only had Richarlison up top how did you expect us to play? The lads where superb.

What’s the point , just give them everything. You can see why the German teams wanted a cap in teams spending. Their team is a joke, football has just stopped being competitive. No team can compete with their spending.

We definitely have a problem in that department. I always feel like we misplace more passes than the opposition, whoever the opposition are.
I agree - I forgive them for tonight- they ran themselves into the ground - other games we need to improve in possession

BT's Different Agenda

1) "City in total control" - well maybe excepting that Everton, up to Sterling's effort - had made all the best chances and defended really well

2) There was "nothing wrong with the high boot" and yet Holgate was "lucky there" in "almost giving away a penalty"
I know talksport has it critics but their commentary was excellent.
Unbiased and called out the fouls

Season over now. Look to the summer and sort out what’s needed. We not gonna get anywhere playing as negative as we do so lots of work needed. I know it was City but you have to have more of a go in a quarter final. Can say we tried but in the end that’s pointless. Another season of nothing ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.