Match Thread Everton vs Manchester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many pretending that "we gave a good account of ourselves" then? I thought we were way too negative all game, that was a quarter final at home in the cup for crying out loud.
I agree, not sure how not even testing them is a good performance? It is confusing to me too.

Was always going to happen. We played well in a sense, frustrated them, but just have nothing going the other way.

It was knife to a gunfight stuff.

Issue I have with that is (and this is even with taking injuries into account) we've spent over half a billion in the last five years, and yet are going into games with that approach.

The recruitment - under Walsh and Brands - has been, by and large, atrocious.

no chance city win the quadruple btw, despite the embarrassment of riches they have - european bottlers and it’s a hard mentality to shift

BT's Different Agenda

1) "City in total control" - well maybe excepting that Everton, up to Sterling's effort - had made all the best chances and defended really well

2) There was "nothing wrong with the high boot" and yet Holgate was "lucky there" in "almost giving away a penalty"

and the commentary was disparaging towards Everton - yes, City are obviously better than us but we're not from the Southern Premier.

Gomes was like a player reborn tonight, he is a squad option for next season no question. And Joao is a very encouraging prospect. Allan doesn’t look to have the stamina to be an option in the role we are asking him to perform beyond next season. And Siggy did Jack. Midfield needs massive surgery over the summer. We need two first choice wingers and to ship out iwobi and Bernard. The rest of the squad is less of an immediate priority.

Why are so many pretending that "we gave a good account of ourselves" then? I thought we were way too negative all game, that was a quarter final at home in the cup for crying out loud.
So we open up against them and in all likely get destroyed?

It was the only way we could play against them...christ, it's the only way the majority of the sides in the league can play against them...never mind when you have loads of injuries to contend with.

Gave motm to Virginia, shout outs for Godfrey and Gomes for 7/10 performances. We just had no one stand out and really try to make a name for themselves. It was all very "safe".

Oh well, we're still a bit crap so nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.