Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we will be 8th tonight & finish 9th (behind Arsenal) or 10th (behind Villa) dependent upon our results against Villa which is probably about where the squad is. Any higher & it’s down to Carlo.
Need a Carlo masterplan to beat City & win the Cup.
Yes, between 8th and 10th is my guess unless we go on a @Zatara run...

I've got us down for 8th; possibly 7th if we do better than share the 6 pts from the two games against Villa. One thing's for sure -- our Goal Difference won't be doing us any favours.

Top 4 is unlikely now most likely finish position now is 6th then 7th then 8th then 5th. I personally think top 3 will be City, United, Chelsea. Spurs and Leicester play on the last day of the season that could be a decider. Us West Ham and RS battling for 6th to 8th. I think the RS will do every thing they can to avoid the lesser European competition so might throw a few games between now and the end of the season.

This is just a crazy thought but imagine we are a point behind Leicester and Tottenham on last day and they draw and we beat City. Not likely but we can dream.

I believe having done some research that England can have a maximum of 5 teams in the champions league and 3 teams in the Europa.
CL looks gone
EL would be a good season. To do this it’s likely to be 5 6 and 7.
BUT
I have read something scary.
if we finish 8th and the RS finish 5 6 or 7 if they win the CL then the team in 8th will qualify as the 3rd English team in the EL

confused?

imagine the thought. We’ve finished 8th and missed out on Europe and they are in the CL final having finished 7th....

I believe having done some research that England can have a maximum of 5 teams in the champions league and 3 teams in the Europa.
CL looks gone
BUT
if we finish 8th and the RS finish 5 6 or 7 if they win the CL then the team in 8th will qualify as the 3rd English team in the EL

confused?

imagine the thought. We’ve finished 8th and missed out on Europe and they are in the CL final having finished 7th....
Feckin ell mate don't do it to yourself.

CL looks gone
BUT

confused?

How does CL look gone mate ?

CL looks gone
BUT

confused?

I think there's a limit to 7 teams that can play in europe in a season. If an English team win the champions league and finish outside the top 4, there'll only be 2 europa league spots,

Injury situation is just looking too bleak and had never really looked good all season. We really need all our top players available for the big games and once again we are looking at James Doucoure Mina being out and Allan just coming back. Still no sight of Gbamin either.
Nah. If we were that short of our top players it would be being discussed non-stop by the media.

West Ham are a better side than Everton going forward and play better football in general from what I’ve seen of them recently.
Spurs have more firepower.
It’ll be tough but EL is possible.
we’d need Rodriguez playing regularly though and that just ain’t happening.

West Ham are a better side than Everton going forward and play better football in general from what I’ve seen of them recently.
Spurs have more firepower.
It’ll be tough but EL is possible.
we’d need Rodriguez playing regularly though and that just ain’t happening.
This is true of most teams in the Premiership.

I haven't read the above posts, so I hope that I don't duplicate. We are apart from the bottom 2 teams, the worst team in the Prem. Every team has a good go at winning the game (Other than when they play City
which is fair enough), Every bloody team is exciting to watch, other than us. We are a joke and I'm sure
that proper football supporters around the leagues are silently chuckling about us.

For sheer death defying disappointment I doff my cap to our magnificent team. Outfought and outplayed by Burnley on our own patch having fought for two thirds of a season to get into CL competition. Beat Liverpool at Anfield? yes we can do that. then just imagine how much we can bring them back down with a flat as a pancake 5.30 fixture against Burnley. Bravo chaps, you got me again. As Cliff Barnes shrieked when he realised JR had done him again 'I think he got me this time, i think he got me for GOOD!'
and then Carlo at the end 'we don't have the players to go toe to toe with these teams'. Waaaaaah

I haven't read the above posts, so I hope that I don't duplicate. We are apart from the bottom 2 teams, the worst team in the Prem. Every team has a good go at winning the game (Other than when they play City
which is fair enough), Every bloody team is exciting to watch, other than us. We are a joke and I'm sure
that proper football supporters around the leagues are silently chuckling about us.
No mate ....its just you and a handful of others.

i use to think the likes of burnley, palace, newcastle, west ham at home were pretty much easy 3 point bankers

didn't matter about injury problems or suspensions because we should have enough to beat these sides at home even with our reserves

yes we had a crowd on our side but mainly the reason i expected us to win is because the away team would just play defensively and try and grab a draw and we would normally find a way to score and dominate these type of games

now i am not sure

maybe its because of covid but the fact is that for the past 12 months, nearly every prem team and bournemouth have come to our own ground and have had numerous attempts at our goal and we have won mainly because we nicked a goal and then defended for our lives and we were also fortunate enough that some of our opponents were rubbish and could not score i.e. southampton

if you want to talk about progress, the last time we played burnley at home we beat them 1-0 and we had 21 shots at goal and burnley had 6 shots at goal. One season later we lost 2-1 and have 14 shots at goal and burnley had 14 shots at goal.

The last time we had more shots at goal than our opponent in a home league game was on 19th September 2020 against 10 man West Brom.

the last time we had more shots at goal than our opponent in a home league game against 11 men was against Man Utd on 1st March 2020 (the one where sigurdsson laid on the floor and we had a goal disallowed in the last minute and then carlo got sent off)

over a year ago

we have not outplayed a single opponent at home in the league for over a year apart from 10 man west brom

the last time we had more shots at goal than our opponent in a home league game against 11 men was against Man Utd on 1st March 2020 (the one where sigurdsson laid on the floor and we had a goal disallowed in the last minute and then carlo got sent off)

over a year ago

we have not outplayed a single opponent at home in the league for over a year apart from 10 man west brom

That was the last game with fans? I think, coincidence? I'm starting to wonder

Status
Not open for further replies.