Match Thread Everton vs Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most depressing thung about tonight, for me anyway, was that it was a much improved effort than recent games against Barcodes and Fulham :(

And we still got chinned.

It's all a guessing game. Theres no way to say "not one other manager could do better than the one we have" because we don't have any other manager. I was pretty excited by the Kovac links because I thought he was a good manager and went to Bayern a bit too early. Could he have done better than Carlo? Who knows.

If Carlo can't turn us into a European outfit on a regular basis then absolutely no one we can possibly attract can. We really have 2 choices; accept that this is a long term project or accept that we'll never be any good
It's so worrying. We've spent so much money over the past four years but at the end of the day we're not any better than we were under Moyes, if not worse. I know it's a different league and so on... Anyone else worried about the financial repercussions for us long term?

It's so worrying. We've spent so much money over the past four years but at the end of the day we're not any better than we were under Moyes, if not worse. I know it's a different league and so on... Anyone else worried about the financial repercussions for us long term?
It is like worryng if it will rain .No point . I think there are safeguards to stop an owner just leaving a pile of poo behind ,I realise that yes we have that already some games .

at one point carragher said burnley looked like brazil

BRAZIL

sort it out carlo
I thought the praise for Burnley was over the top. They had like 3 good passing moves. I think people were just bored after the first two games of the day.

McNeil's goal was brilliant. The rest of it people need to relax with.

I thought the praise for Burnley was over the top. They had like 3 good passing moves. I think people were just bored after the first two games of the day.

McNeil's goal was brilliant. The rest of it people need to relax with.
It was a worthy winner, it reminded me of the sigurdson goal against Leicester when he did Madison & scored from 25 yards. McNeils goal was probably better as he hit the top corner.

If I were DCL and Richy I'd be looking for a move this summer. Josh King - nothing.
Yes I xa s
I would say hes a better open play goalscorer than Kane as to where both players are now. I'd imagine evidence will back me up on that.
I prefer my own eyes and boy DCL and Kane are night and day.
No one with any football knowledge could think otherwise.
Kane has all the footballing ability in the world and can play either 9 or 10.
DCL god bless him has ....athleticism.

When its all done and dusted , this season I mean . We might reflect in the terrible results that let us down and the “what might have beens” will be many. But its been a weird season and most clubs will have similar reflections.
Cheesy what might have Beans on Toast

I’m guessing all of the negative nobheads in here have decided to completely dismiss our injuries then? No team copes with that.
I guess by being a bit disappointed by our home record, style of play and having a realistic view of how little progress that has been made, I am one of those negative nobheads. Anyway, just looking at the injuries you mention and all I can think of is an inconsistent Mina, James who appears can't play more than 3 games in a row and will always be not far from the injury list and Doucs who has had some bad games mixed in with some good. Yes, we would be stronger with those available but I'm pretty sure they have a played in some of the dire performances this season (and better performancesto be fair). I don't think we should hide behind an average length injury list to hide the blatant shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.