2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy waster. Full of himself because he sat on the bench for Arsenal. Championship player at best. Not his fault we paid too much for him or pay him too much but symptomatic of the crap we have accepted in the last few years.
Who else would sign him?

This, in the first half at times we were getting one touch passed through in midfield by bloody Burnley ffs!!
There's been nothing more damning about Ancelotti's tactics than that. We were not only outmuscled and outplayed by the mighty Burnley but also outclassed. We made Fulham look like Barcelona, now we've just made Burnley look like Bayern Munich. Given the ease with which Dyche outthought supposedly one of football's greatest ever managers I look forward to him replacing Zidane at Real Madrid come the end of the season.

It's just so difficult to look past the money we spent. If he was a lad from the academy then you'd say fair enough but he should be someone making the difference in games.

It's as much a shame for him as it us because whatever talent he has is going to waste. If his career continues down this path then I can't help but feel he'll have plenty of regrets.

It's just so difficult to look past the money we spent. If he was a lad from the academy then you'd say fair enough but he should be someone making the difference in games.

It's as much a shame for him as it us because whatever talent he has is going to waste. If his career continues down this path then I can't help but feel he'll have plenty of regrets.
Sometimes people just talk a bit of sense. It feels like opportunity missed for him. So want him to be better than he actually is.

Genuinely can't believe he's been able to forge a multi millionaire's lifestyle from being an utterly terrible professional footballer - he excels at nothing at all yet somehow our superstar Director of Football agreed to us lashing over 60m on him in transfer fees and wages over five years.

If I was on the fence about being religious or not then seeing this fella rake in almost 100k a week would quickly turn me into an athiest. He's simply not deserving of even 5% of his wage.

If I was a season ticket holder I'd be furious at watching him disgrace the shirt every time he wears it.

Burnley moved the ball better than us when he played the 10.

Iwobi has finished anyone taking you seriously here.
I genuinely am surprised that so many people though he did poorly today. I though if anything his cameo, and let's be honest less than a half hour is that, at #10 was at least encouraging but most don't seem to think so.

The two main criticisms seem to be that we didn't get any goals in that period, which feels harsh, we don't score in every half hour of football we play, and that Burnley were better than us, which I mostly disagree with, 999 out of 1000 times McNeil doesn't score that goal and we're right in it, plus the areas we struggled were, breaking up play, turning the ball over and not defending in our defensive third, all things the shouldn't be the responsibility of the #10.

Then he moves out wide and he stinks at crossing, which while fair is the exact reason why he should have stayed in the middle.

I don't know it feels to me like a bit of a scapegoating. For example I can't really see how people can complain about his quality on the ball and be OK with an Allan, Doucoure and Sigurdsson midfield that has no quality at all. For me we were in it still at 2-0 down because with him in the middle there was an ability to move the ball forward. When he went wide it vanished and when DCL missed it was all the way over because we had no shot of creating the chances to overturn the deficit by then.

I don't think Iwobi is the best player ever, but I do think in terms of coherent midfield play he and James really are the only options we have now. I don't expect you or anyone will read to here and if you do I expect you'll tell me I'm nuts but that's where I am. This team stinks in the middle of the park and just basic competence, which is the minimum we got from Iwobi today for me, is an upgrade. I think we may have forgot what that looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.