2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
but truthfully he is covering.. the fact that he is a better RB than our current lot says more about them than it does him. Even before his loan he was covering for a Coleman injury...

He’s a versatile CB... deffo not a natural in all positions .. I say this as a big fan. He has his limitations at RB but is doing a good job..
I don’t think he’s a natural at centre half either, that’s my point.

I find that hard to believe myself from watching him and considering how many games he was listed as a LM/RM but if it supports your own point crack on.
Here we go again...

I’m not trying to lie, I’m saying in my recollection of a player who left us about 10 years ago, he spent more time playing wide than he did in the middle. It’s possible that I have that wrong, but I certainly remember him being our best player while playing wide, and there being talk that he may be too small/lightweight to play centrally. Maybe transferkarkt didn’t tell you that though and obviously you wouldn’t know because you supported Leeds at the time.

I don't think he's played well enough at centre back this season to be playing there regularly. For me we have 3 better centre halves, although that's definitely no bad thing. You need 4 capable options.

Of course; never suggested he should be top of the list was just pointing out his best games, for me, have been at CB so he is most certainly a CB whether here or elsewhere.

Here we go again...

I’m not trying to lie, I’m saying in my recollection of a player who left us about 10 years ago, he spent more time playing wide than he did in the middle. It’s possible that I have that wrong, but I certainly remember him being our best player while playing wide, and there being talk that he may be too small/lightweight to play centrally. Maybe transferkarkt didn’t tell you that though and obviously you wouldn’t know because you supported Leeds at the time.

I supported Leeds when I was 15-20 years old?

I supported Leeds when I was 15-20 years old?
I’m not sure if that’s confirmation or rebuttal but doesn’t really matter either way. I was being facetious but point still stands, not everything that you don’t agree with is a lie or someone spoiling for a fight. I am genuinely unsure if holgate is a natural centre half playing out of position or just a generally good footballer who’s probably best at centre half but not by so much that you’d say it’s his real position. I am also genuinely unsure If arteta played more centrally or wide for us. He was the first name that came to mind but there are loads of others who’ve played more outside of the position they’d choose for themselves.

I’m not sure if that’s confirmation or rebuttal but doesn’t really matter either way. I was being facetious but point still stands, not everything that you don’t agree with is a lie or someone spoiling for a fight. I am genuinely unsure if holgate is a natural centre half playing out of position or just a generally good footballer who’s probably best at centre half but not by so much that you’d say it’s his real position. I am also genuinely unsure If arteta played more centrally or wide for us. He was the first name that came to mind but there are loads of others who’ve played more outside of the position they’d choose for themselves.

No I was confused where the Leeds/Arteta thing came from. I supported Leeds as a kid (till I was 8) but well before Arteta.

To me the position you play best in is your position.

Godfrey wanted to be a midfielder, he's seemingly best at CB, he's a CB.

Holgate wants to be a CB, he's better at CB than RB, LB or midfielder, he's a CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.