2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the CB suffering most from the competition. I would play Godfrey RB as he is quicker and his crosses can't be any worse. Get him back in the middle with Keane and he will be fine. I think Ancelotti likes Godfrey at CB because his extra pace allows him to cover Digne bombing forward and Keane as well. Holgate is obviously the new whipping boy. We have a problem at RB Holgate is currently the best option its not his best position.

He’s a centre back. He’s doing a job, filling a gap until we can get to the summer when a right back is a must. In fact a whole new right hand side is a must.

He’s a centre back playing right back. Obvious limitations attacking wise but he’s been part of our most solid back 4 this season and is the only option we have there really.

Correct! Thank goodness we have him! People Judging him out of position.. we never learn

All together now ..1..2..3..HE'S A CENTRE BACK .
I’m not sure it’s as simple as that to be honest. He WANTS to be a centre half, I don’t doubt that, but it’s not like he’s Michael Keane being asked to fill in out there, he’s played right back just as much as he’s played centre half and in the long run I wouldn’t be all that surprised if that doesn’t change. Plenty of players end up playing more in a different position than the one they’d ideally like to, it’s nothing new. I think he needs to improve quite a lot if he wants to be seen as purely centre half for us or any team with ambition, currently being a solid utility option is his best route to game time in my opinion.

I’m not sure it’s as simple as that to be honest. He WANTS to be a centre half, I don’t doubt that, but it’s not like he’s Michael Keane being asked to fill in out there, he’s played right back just as much as he’s played centre half and in the long run I wouldn’t be all that surprised if that doesn’t change. Plenty of players end up playing more in a different position than the one they’d ideally like to, it’s nothing new. I think he needs to improve quite a lot if he wants to be seen as purely centre half for us or any team with ambition, currently being a solid utility option is his best route to game time in my opinion.

Where have his best performances come for us: RB or CB?

but truthfully he is covering.. the fact that he is a better RB than our current lot says more about them than it does him. Even before his loan he was covering for a Coleman injury...

He’s a versatile CB... deffo not a natural in all positions .. I say this as a big fan. He has his limitations at RB but is doing a good job..

Status
Not open for further replies.