Everton Youth Teams Thread

We’d have struggled to get 2 tougher draws at this stage.

Wigsn are an excellent side even if they don’t come with all the hype of the top cat 1 clubs.

If we do beat them, we get City who are in the top 2 or 3 u18 sides in the country.
Maybe that could work in our favour. We've generally gone out of this competition to lower rated teams in recent years. Playing good teams may help them focus

That was exactly what came to mind. I think this is slightly different because as you say they have mostly played together. Haven't won this since 98. Semi Final 99 and Final in 02 so I think we are due a decent run.

I think we got to the final in 1999 mate, lost to a west ham team with Joe Cole in if memory serves me correctly. It was a brilliant 2 years that side.

I think we got to the final in 1999 mate, lost to a west ham team with Joe Cole in if memory serves me correctly. It was a brilliant 2 years that side.

No it was semi finals they beat us comfortably in the first leg and we only got a narrow victory in 2nd so went out. That year we had Osman and Hibbert in centre midfield and Jeffers up front. McLeod and Clarke also played for our first team and had decent careers down the league as did Southern, O'Hanlon and Pilkington. It was a really good team but that West Ham team had Cole and Carrick so they were also very strong.

Just a bit of an update on the younger teams.
Under 16's who are well thought of
Tierney- Tall defender, not played for the 18's yet but is close.
Edward Jones- Defender, can cover full back
Owen Barker- Midfielder, internatonal recognition
Isaac Heath- I have spoken about him a fair bit, but a very talented player, in the mould of Beardsley. Might even be an under 15 but believe he's under 16. Still very small
Jensen Metcalfe- Central midfield player, great tackle and composed on the ball.
Roman Quintyne- Full back who loves to get forward.

Under 15s
George Pickford- Midfielder
Jensen- Goalkeeper (Brian Jensens lad)
Ishe-Smith- Left back, quick

There's a little tricky right winger we got from Manchester United as well, but forgot his name. Anyway the two year groups below have a number of talented options.

Isaac Heath- I have spoken about him a fair bit, but a very talented player, in the mould of Beardsley. Might even be an under 15 but believe he's under 16. Still very small
Jensen Metcalfe- Central midfield player, great tackle and composed on the ball.

Under 15s

There's a little tricky right winger we got from Manchester United as well, but forgot his name. Anyway the two year groups below have a number of talented options.
Wasn't Danny mills son with us as well

Under 15s

That’s a pretty comprehensive list , well done. The ex United guy you’re thinking of is Jacob Beaumont- Clarke. Like yourself I’m a bit reluctant at times to push forward names for youngsters, the club seems to actively protect them and their names, which is fair enough given their age. Out in the public domain though as he’s featured for England u16 is talented forward Emilio Lawrence. He’s the one who featured briefly in The Athletic as someone the RS were trying to sign three or four years ago. It’ll be interesting to see if both these two feature for the u18s this season .

That’s a pretty comprehensive list , well done. The ex United guy you’re thinking of is Jacob Beaumont- Clarke. Like yourself I’m a bit reluctant at times to push forward names for youngsters, the club seems to actively protect them and their names, which is fair enough given their age. Out in the public domain though as he’s featured for England u16 is talented forward Emilio Lawrence. He’s the one who featured briefly in The Athletic as someone the RS were trying to sign three or four years ago. It’ll be interesting to see if both these two feature for the u18s this season .

I've never quite got an idea on how old Lawrence is, but yes they were frustrated he chose Everton. I don't know what age group he is.