Everton Youth Teams Thread

Unreal Liverpool have gone down other end and took 2-1 lead despite cannon scoring 90th min pen

-----------------------------
Liverpool u18s win the Derby 2-1 via a 1st min goal and a Injury time goal and as ever win the u18s Derby, their 5th consecutive Derby win or 7 from last 8
Everton u18s next game is away to sunderland u18s next saturday with 1pm ko
Thanks for the updates gutting way to lose

2020-21 FA Youth Cup campaign will re-commence from Saturday 20 March 2021.

This season’s competition was temporarily suspended in January 2021 following the announcement of the UK Government’s current national COVID-19 restrictions. While the competition could have continued under ‘elite’ protocols, the health and wellbeing of staff and players were given priority.

Our Youth Participation and Development Committee, which is responsible for its management, has consulted with key stakeholders and the competition’s revised schedule is as follows:

• Third Round Proper – 12 outstanding matches to be played by Saturday 20 March 2021;
• Fourth Round Proper – To be played by Saturday 3 April 2021;
• Fifth Round Proper – To be played by Saturday 17 April 2021;
• Quarter Finals – To be played by Saturday 1 May;
• Semi Finals – To be played by Saturday 15 May 2021;
• Final – To be played by Saturday 29 May.

We will continue to monitor the national COVID-19 situation, our dialogue with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and, if necessary, provide any further updates on the competition at the earliest opportunity.
--------------------------------

Reminder of the draws for us

Third Round
Everton u18s v Wigan u18s

Fourth Round
Man City u18s or Birmingham u18s v Everton u18s

2020-21 FA Youth Cup campaign will re-commence from Saturday 20 March 2021.

This season’s competition was temporarily suspended in January 2021 following the announcement of the UK Government’s current national COVID-19 restrictions. While the competition could have continued under ‘elite’ protocols, the health and wellbeing of staff and players were given priority.

Our Youth Participation and Development Committee, which is responsible for its management, has consulted with key stakeholders and the competition’s revised schedule is as follows:

• Third Round Proper – 12 outstanding matches to be played by Saturday 20 March 2021;
• Fourth Round Proper – To be played by Saturday 3 April 2021;
• Fifth Round Proper – To be played by Saturday 17 April 2021;
• Quarter Finals – To be played by Saturday 1 May;
• Semi Finals – To be played by Saturday 15 May 2021;
• Final – To be played by Saturday 29 May.

We will continue to monitor the national COVID-19 situation, our dialogue with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport and, if necessary, provide any further updates on the competition at the earliest opportunity.
--------------------------------

Reminder of the draws for us

Third Round
Everton u18s v Wigan u18s

Fourth Round
Man City u18s or Birmingham u18s v Everton u18s
We’d have struggled to get 2 tougher draws at this stage.

Wigsn are an excellent side even if they don’t come with all the hype of the top cat 1 clubs.

If we do beat them, we get City who are in the top 2 or 3 u18 sides in the country.

Wigsn are an excellent side even if they don’t come with all the hype of the top cat 1 clubs.

If we do beat them, we get City who are in the top 2 or 3 u18 sides in the country.
We really have a bad record in the youth cup, have we been in the final since the Rooney team got well beaten by Villa.

It's a tough draw, especially as probably our best player at that level Dobbin wont be involved.

Will be really interesting to see if the likes of Small, Kouyate and Onyango go back down to play it.

No brainer if you want players to come through to the first team squad. Thought Brands would have implemented this when he first came,one of the things that has disappointed me about him.

If Brands is building familiarity it makes sense. The only question I'd ask is why a 343 type formation? It doesnt seem the managers first choice?

If I was being optimistic I'd say because it's a system that probably fits the needs of the first team.
More big defenders
Defenders who have speed on side
Full backs who have energy

Etc

It's a tough draw, especially as probably our best player at that level Dobbin wont be involved.

Will be really interesting to see if the likes of Small, Kouyate and Onyango go back down to play it.

I hope so and Price as well. The only thing with dropping these players back down is they might upset the team balance as the players who have bigger roles in the u18s might be pushed out wide.

The squad don’t appear to be strong enough mentally or physically,to be honest I haven’t got a lot of faith in the coaches at this level or at the U23 level, although the U23’s played very well in the last game v Man.Unt, which surprised me.

I hope so and Price as well. The only thing with dropping these players back down is they might upset the team balance as the players who have bigger roles in the u18s might be pushed out wide.
It’s a good point. I remember the year when Connolly/Davies/ Dowell/ Walsh dropped back down for the Youth Cup and we lost 1-0 at home to Villa. They can disrupt the balance, the difference I think this time is that Price , Small etc have played together a lot , it’s probably only Onyango who hasn’t played much at u18s with them. But it doesn’t stop us doing our usual in this competition.

It’s a good point. I remember the year when Connolly/Davies/ Dowell/ Walsh dropped back down for the Youth Cup and we lost 1-0 at home to Villa. They can disrupt the balance, the difference I think this time is that Price , Small etc have played together a lot , it’s probably only Onyango who hasn’t played much at u18s with them. But it doesn’t stop us doing our usual in this competition.

That was exactly what came to mind. I think this is slightly different because as you say they have mostly played together. Haven't won this since 98. Semi Final 99 and Final in 02 so I think we are due a decent run.