2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Competition seems to have done him some good. That being said he's always been great at the quick reaction saves.

Looked a different keeper last 2 games, not going to lie, if that is due to a psychologist then give the man a pay rise.
I think we all know there’s a good keeper in there (he doesn’t get to be England’s number one by fluke after all) but it’s definitely been a mentality issue with him since the Origi horror show in that derby.

The thing I’m loving about Carlo is he sees what we see and fixes problems. He will have been working on/have his guys working on this problem and it’s not something that gets fixed overnight. We’re starting to see a different man now, much more assured and grown up and calm... the same happened with De Gea before he won their POTY for a few years running so fingers crossed!

Thought his distribution was genuinely world class level there, for a goalkeeper. Besides Ederson, I can't think of a keeper in the league who could even dream of pulling off some of the more difficult balls he was pinging around today.

I used to hold the old-school view that goalkeeper distribution wasn't all that important, but in the modern game, it certainly is, especially for a side like ours who like to play out. I'm now seeing why Carlo is keen on sticking with him.

Big save and a couple of decent punches too. Excellent performance. This recent turnaround is to be expected though, as I wrote him off after the Silva goal against City.

It was a good save but let's not ignore the fact that it came from him flapping at the corner in his six yard box yet again.

If he had claimed that ball properly instead of punching it about 10 yards then that shot wouldn't have happened.

Its about making sure the opposition walk off with a nil against their name. I dont think he'll ever look the most secure keeper but back to back clean sheets is exactly what we needed. If we keep more clean sheets we will win plenty because we have enough to nick a goal like tonight.

I would probably still look to replace him but he's done his job 2 weeks in a row.
Yep. This is very fair.

It was a very good save, but it is one other keepers don't need to make because they're tall enough to claim those balls in the 6 yard box.

I still want a replacement, we know there is no consistency in this lad.

It was a good save but let's not ignore the fact that it came from him flapping at the corner in his six yard box yet again.

If he had claimed that ball properly instead of punching it about 10 yards then that shot wouldn't have happened.

I dont mind that tbh. No keeper in the world is fautless.
Its the last few games he doesnt look like he has ants in his pants.
Make no mistake he won 2 points last night at the end. The defenders were all over the place when he made that save.

I dont mind that tbh. No keeper in the world is fautless.
Its the last few games he doesnt look like he has ants in his pants.
Make no mistake he won 2 points last night at the end. The defenders were all over the place when he made that save.
Would you be saying he won us 2 points if he had claimed the first ball in the 6 yard box? That's the only reason why they got a shot off. Another keeper deals with that ball and doesn't have to make the save in the first place.

Not surprising that the defenders are all over the place because they have no idea if Jordan is going to take care of balls in the 6 yard box or not. Instead of the keeper claiming that ball easily it gets punched back into danger by Pickford and they have to react to it.

The deflection for the last minute corner... phew.. did you see JP chase the ball like it had Virgil's face on it before sending it in the direction of The East Lancs Road.

Would you be saying he won us 2 points if he had claimed the first ball in the 6 yard box? That's the only reason why they got a shot off. Another keeper deals with that ball and doesn't have to make the save in the first place.

Not surprising that the defenders are all over the place because they have no idea if Jordan is going to take care of balls in the 6 yard box or not. Instead of the keeper claiming that ball easily it gets punched back into danger by Pickford and they have to react to it.

But ive seen the so called best of keepers do it. In the time it went out and came back in the fella who had the shot was just standing on the 6 yard line unmarked while 3 or 4 blue shirts just stood ball watching.
Its an either or. The defenders could have been a lot more alive to the southampton player imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.