2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair play to him, very good tonight, when he made that save at the end I realised that as much as I blame him for everything in life him I do actually like him, (though would like him even more from a distance, like a problem child I want to send to a Swiss boarding school),

He's holding things together really well recently consindering his deep fragilities. Whether it' delusional self-confidence or a heroic overcoming of disability or short term memory loss really doesn't matter as long as it continues as long it seems it needs to. He's still about as dominant of his box as the flippers are of a pinball machine, but he's flapping away like a champ right now. And keeping everything else fairly up to scratch. I'm no longer physiologically agitated by the expectation of a [Poor language removed] up anytime it comes near him, so that's progress.

I only patronise you because I care, Jordan.

Thought after his crucial save he got a bit too hyped up and came rushing out for 1 or 2 balls in a crowded box which he could have left his defence to deal with rather than leaving the goal unprotected.

I worry if Olsen comes in. Pickford‘s kicking to DCL always offers an outball when the midfield can’t string 2 passes together.

One thing I've noticed the past 2 games is he looks a lot calmer and he's not having that extra touch with the ball at his feet, basically just keeping it simple.
Am sure i read last week he's been going to a sports phycologist so maybe this is paying off.

Status
Not open for further replies.