2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how we all see things differently.
Thought he was the one player keeping the ball in the 2nd half and was good at using his strength to keep possession.
People see what they want to see sometimes. I think he's been decent since the turn of the year, some good performances and a couple of ok ones. None of the stinkers we wre seeing around November and early December though.

I’m really not seeing this incredible performance you know. Scratching my head at these last few pages here.

I think people are just surprised he put in an actual shift for a change for almost 90 mins and got involved a lot more. That’s certainly my reaction. I’m honestly beyond expecting anything from him anymore so that was a ‘decent’ performance from him for me.

I think people are just surprised he put in an actual shift for a change for almost 90 mins and got involved a lot more. That’s certainly my reaction. I’m honestly beyond expecting anything from him anymore so that was a ‘decent’ performance from him for me.

Yeah he didn’t do anything massively wrong or anything, he just doesn’t do a lot in general though does he. Not sure if a player like him could ever stand out in a game.

I’m really not seeing this incredible performance you know. Scratching my head at these last few pages here.

Yeah, thought he was sloppy at times and far too negative in possession. A bit better off the ball than other games but still nowhere near aggressive enough. Was quite disappointing seeing our midfield three again struggle to deal with their midfield two.

Yeah, thought he was sloppy at times and far too negative in possession. A bit better off the ball than other games but still nowhere near aggressive enough. Was quite disappointing seeing our midfield three again struggle to deal with their midfield two.

he makes these long passes and they are usually accurate but east-west. we got DCL/Richardlison up front both w/ pace and it just gives time for the D to get back.

I don't think he was bad today, but other than unlocking Dinge once and a couple tackles IMO he didn't have much impact.

Yeah he didn’t do anything massively wrong or anything, he just doesn’t do a lot in general though does he. Not sure if a player like him could ever stand out in a game.
When we need to keep the ball, he’s our best midfield option to do that. Quite a strong player so can hold players off and play out of a tight situation and can see a pass occasionally.
He’s not particularly good at anything apart from that sadly though IMO.
Don’t think he’ll be here next season and if he is, it will be off the bench.

When we need to keep the ball, he’s our best midfield option to do that. Quite a strong player so can hold players off and play out of a tight situation and can see a pass occasionally.
He’s not particularly good at anything apart from that sadly though IMO.
Don’t think he’ll be here next season and if he is, it will be off the bench.

Do you think so mate? I don’t even think he is as good as that. He’s our 3rd most dispossessed player (via WhoScored) this season and he hasn’t played as many games as others. He was the 3rd most dispossessed player tonight. Sure someone put a stat up the other month saying he was one of the most dispossessed players in the top 5 leagues in Europe at one point.

He’s been absolutely woeful so yes?
He was woeful before Christmas. I think he's been decent since. Not outstanding by any means but he's done OK in some games and played well in others. He needs to do better without the ball, but he's been one of our better players when in possession.

Some players you just have a downer on and are always looking for the negatives. We all do it

Status
Not open for further replies.