Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. He is a really promising player so I’m sure there will be others who want him. When the actual bidding starts, there will be the usual Spurs, West Ham etc.

we are in desperate need for a right back so I’m sure our interest is real. Of theothers, who knows?
No way West Ham pay 25/30 mil a RB when they desperately need a striker
And Spurs paid was it 18 mil for Doherty last summer.

Wouldn’t happen, due to the fee we’d have to pay, but I’d love Raphinha at Leeds to be our right sided player in a front three. Digne and Richarlison down the left and Aarons and Raphinha down the right and DCL through the middle, would provide us with serious threats from both sides of the pitch.

Quite happy looking at teams like Norwich and Brentford for up and coming players. Both teams with an eye for youth, playing at the top end of the Championship. You'd only need a couple every few years to keep the side fresh.

Abdallah Sima linked:
https://www.[Publication is blackli...gue-sensation-sima-ahead-of-rangers-showdown/

19 years old, plays as forward (mostly CF) for Slavia Prague. Broke through to first team in November and has scored 15 goals in 22 apps with 5 assists including a goal against Leicester on thursday.

Jarg video:

(edit)
use mute on that video

he seems quick and good in the air

I cannot explain why, but something about this lad says he's going to Celtic or Rangers as his next step.

All comes down to the price for me, it does seem to be gathering pace a little over the last week or so.

Personally think this would be a great signing.
Re Aarons:

There are a lot of reasons to like the lad and he could well be a good signing. He certainly showed repeated flashes of potential last time Norwich were in the top flight, he has the Home Grown factor in his favour and he's young. Nevertheless we do have to keep an eye on the finances so getting him at the right price is important... £30m+ is a LOT of cash and surely we have learned by now that we have to make wise, well-researched, informed purchases.

I'm not saying he does or doesn't fit the bill, I'm just saying that I hope we set our top price based on proper scouting and analysis.

It's also handy to be one of very few top teams in the prem actively looking for a RB - lack of competition helps keep the price from rising too high.

Aarons largely unproven much like Godfrey so that wouldn't put me off, but the price tag would, i mean 35m for a right back needs to be a sure thing. Moise Kean not valued much more and he is a proven striker in Champions league now and and Italian international. Doesn't add up.

Rather buy a championship player then another foreign play who needs time to adapt to the English footie
I don't necessarily agree with that as a whole but I think the Championship has a lot of players who could help us out a lot and is often overlooked because they aren't playing in La Liga or France or whatever. I mean we have Icelands best player ever when we could have gotten a much better player from the Championship for £15m less.

Status
Not open for further replies.