2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to say but as of 24/02/2021, Michael Keane and Yerry Mina are by far our best CBs, as has been proven for the last 18months.

Im glad you now like Mina.

Its 25th Feb here so sadly times have changed.

You dont seem fully sold on Godfrey...thats a bit peculiar.

Im glad you now like Mina.

Its 25th Feb here so sadly times have changed.

You dont seem fully sold on Godfrey...thats a bit peculiar.
Ive always liked Mina, ive said the same thing about him a lot, hes injury prone and hes got mistakes in him, but I've always liked him.

A lot of the time I call him a donkey to wind his "fans" up.

Im totally sold on Godfrey, I'm just not convinced hes better than Mina or Keane at CB, nor do I think hes a long term viable fullback for us.

But as a player, I'm totally convinced, maybe you have me mixed up with Big Oil? Cos for me Godfrey has been a God every time hes played.

Ive always liked Mina, ive said the same thing about him a lot, hes injury prone and hes got mistakes in him, but I've always liked him.

Im totally sold on Godfrey, I'm just not convinced hes better than Mina or Keane at CB, nor do I think hes a long term viable fullback for us.

But as a player, I'm totally convinced, maybe you have me mixed up with Big Oil? Cos for me Godfrey has been a God every time hes played.
I'm a bit confused about how lines 3 and 4 work at the same time but have at it

I'm a bit confused about how lines 3 and 4 work at the same time but have at it
Godfrey can be a God and at the time not as good as Keane who is also a God.

Its very simple.

I personally don't look at that Fulham game and blame Godfrey and Holgate, they didn't play well, but then neither did the other 9 players on the pitch that day.

As fullbacks both Holgate and Godfrey do a wonderful defensive job, but for me modern fullbacks are wingers who defend, now and again.

I accept your apology.

Its very simple.

I personally don't look at that Fulham game and blame Godfrey and Holgate, they didn't play well, but then neither did the other 9 players on the pitch that day.

As fullbacks both Holgate and Godfrey do a wonderful defensive job, but for me modern fullbacks are wingers who defend, now and again.

For all your comments about me wanting Keane sold as he can only play deep...

...id actually be happy with having a deep defence similar to Godfrey--Keane--Mina--Holgate.

Modern fullbacks as you call them are still just players on a football pitch. Ancelotti would simply need to adjust tactics and personnel (new players) to make it work.

If you had one of the top italian sides from the 90s playing in the premier league today using a deep defence then they'd give City a game.

Its very simple.

Eh Godfrey does a wonderful defensive job. Holgate I would disagree with that assessment, he should never play fullback really.

10 Metres away and in 1 second

6C5C7C66-3712-4767-AD12-54FA9805E0D8.jpeg

Its very simple.

God’s must be ten a penny these days!.,

Troubled more than I've seen him since that last game he played at right back, there's probably a correlation here. Still an absolute king though
Alright mate this isn’t a reply to this particular post, I noticed you made a post about your collection of season reviews and i was wondering if you had any copy’s for sale converted from vhs to dvd is possible, it would not let me reply to your post about the reviews for some reason. Look forward to your reply

I’ve thought similar about Godfrey. He has been fantastic at the physical aspect of the game (tackling, recoveries, etc.) but he has a bit to learn about the CB position before I’d mention him as a top option there.

Long story short, he is just a great player. Not a great CB yet. May spend a year or two as a journeyman before he settles down in any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.