2020/21 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210211-WA0005.jpg

Son was quiet for me, make of that what you will.
This boy has pace to burn.

I like Godfrey but Son assisted 3 goals and generally killed us with his crossing all game. It was like none of our players could stop him getting a cross in. I personally thought that Godfrey struggled on Wednesday, or he at least didn’t look as strong as he usually does. He seems better at left back for me. What a signing though, i wonder if he’ll be rested on Sunday as he’ll be vital for the two games after.

I like Godfrey but Son assisted 3 goals and generally killed us with his crossing all game. It was like none of our players could stop him getting a cross in. I personally thought that Godfrey struggled on Wednesday, or he at least didn’t look as strong as he usually does. He seems better at left back for me. What a signing though, i wonder if he’ll be rested on Sunday as he’ll be vital for the two games after.
Wasn’t 2 from corners and the 3rd it was Coleman who failed to stop the cross as that came straight from a corner. I agree he didn’t look as comfortable on the right. But he was put there because Carlo thought son would play left and kane down the middle. They always do that over the top ball from Kane to son. There was 2 times in the match son was 5 yards clear on Godfrey and he just caught up with ease and took the ball of son. I got a feeling he play rb for us in the derby to stop mane doing same thing.

Think RB is his weakest position tbh. Would still like to see him in that CDM role think he has the pace and tenacity to win a tackle and drive up the pitch with the ball at pace.

Think RB is his weakest position tbh. Would still like to see him in that CDM role think he has the pace and tenacity to win a tackle and drive up the pitch with the ball at pace.

Please stop this midfield stuff. He's so obviously a defender. His main strengths are one v one defending and top level pace, and his main weakness is passing the ball forwards. Why would we put someone with that skill set in midfield?

On the face of it a good shout,but there must be something that Ancelotti sees in training that we don't.

If that big useless lump Maguire is still getting called up and starting games for England when Godfrey is playing like this tells you all you need to know about the yes man Southgate is
Different types of player. Maguire is outstanding in the air. Other than that brain fart he had at Old Trafford caused by our goalie going forward we haven't troubled Man Utd from set pieces this season and that's because Maguire is outstanding in the air.

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.