Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was still merit to your point mate. We've had some decent sales but they've tended to be our star players.

I long for the day we can regularly get Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd to Spoff £20m on our cast offs.
Seriously, if Lingard stays at West Ham I can see Utd asking for and probably getting £25m for him. We have to take losses on players to get them out the door...

There was still merit to your point mate. We've had some decent sales but they've tended to be our star players.

I long for the day we can regularly get Bournemouth and Sheffield Utd to Spoff £20m on our cast offs.

True, them getting £20m for Solanke yet you can't imagine Gordon going for the same amount and they'll have played similar amounts of first team football.

Seriously, if Lingard stays at West Ham I can see Utd asking for and probably getting £25m for him. We have to take losses on players to get them out the door...
I think that is one of the (further) benefits of being a successful team.

I'm not referring to Lingard particularly but Liverpool and Manchester United in particular have been able to sell players based on that association. I.e. not quite ready for top of the table first team but loads of potential. When in fact they are dogger.

Our problem has been players not good enough to get in a poor Everton team and on inflated wages. However, a few seasons near the top of the table and that starts to change.

I think that is one of the (further) benefits of being a successful team.

I'm not referring to Lingard particularly but Liverpool and Manchester United in particular have been able to sell players based on that association. I.e. not quite ready for top of the table first team but loads of potential. When in fact they are dogger.

Our problem has been players not good enough to get in a poor Everton team and on inflated wages. However, a few seasons near the top of the table and that starts to change.
Yes I remember in the 90’s Utd selling a number of fringe youngsters for big money at the time. The likes of Ronnie Wallwork.
They play in the league cup a European dead rubber, come on late in a league game when 3-0 up and then get sold for 1/2mil. Which was big money at the time, for fringe youngsters.

Within a few seasons most wouid be in div 2 or the conference. We bought John O’kane of
Them. Not sure where he ended up

Status
Not open for further replies.