2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enjoyed them mate, good find!

He comes to life in the final third, can go past people either way and nice to see him go on the left as well. He will need to keep workign hard on his finishing, including with his head (he's not a small lad) but good to see him getting into those positions.

Hope this loan kicks him on,but I just get the feeling it might be a stretch to far for him trying to nail down any sort of first team place going forward. I feel you're going to have to be something really special to break through from the academy and actually hold down a place in the future.
At 19 you have to be a huge talent to do that, We can just let this one play out, It's early doors for him yet, Think we need to put Gordon on the backburner and stop hoping he's Everton's Saka much as we all want to get behind home grown talent.

He comes to life in the final third, can go past people either way and nice to see him go on the left as well. He will need to keep workign hard on his finishing, including with his head (he's not a small lad) but good to see him getting into those positions.

Yeah his finishing is the one he'll have to improve if he is to become a first team regular. If you play in the front 3, you need to score regularly. He seems to hit a lot of shots straight at the keeper.

Yeah. Loved his interview afterwards, not negative as such, but totally focused on all the things he could do better. Good to see him not resting on his laurels being MotM in his first game.

....he needs to enjoy himself and believe in his undoubted ability. I’m disappointed this season hasn’t gone as expected but I think this lad is a proper talent if he unleashes his ego and becomes the main man on a football pitch. i just wish he had some of the Grealish arrogance.

Hope this loan kicks him on,but I just get the feeling it might be a stretch to far for him trying to nail down any sort of first team place going forward. I feel you're going to have to be something really special to break through from the academy and actually hold down a place in the future.

But why though? Why does every academy player have to be “something special”? Is it because of Rooney, are we waiting for the next one of those to come through? Can an academy player not just do a job fulfilling a role in the squad for a few seasons?

But why though? Why does every academy player have to be “something special”? Is it because of Rooney, are we waiting for the next one of those to come through? Can an academy player not just do a job fulfilling a role in the squad for a few seasons?
Yeah, they are young, the fact that if we have a 17-20 year old in a squad fulfilling post Orion is promising, give them 5 years of experience, now they’re 23-25. Even better, u rarely get good young top talents at this age, that’s why they cost a lot.

Yeah, they are young, the fact that if we have a 17-20 year old in a squad fulfilling post Orion is promising, give them 5 years of experience, now they’re 23-25. Even better, u rarely get good young top talents at this age, that’s why they cost a lot.

Yep look at the ages of DCL, Richie.

If we can get both Bernard and Iwobi sold he's back up for Richarlison next season if one of them stays get him loaned out to a Premier League club next season. My preference is him staying but not optimistic we can get both of them out. If Richarlison goes the Olympics there may be an opportunity for him that way.

what top team has an academy player just doing a job fulfilling a role? I can't think of any that isn't considered a decent talent. inb4 Davies.

There is something about Anthony Gordon, he just has that extra something that not all players have, his problem is harnessing his gift and producing it consistently. He also needs to improve his finishing, but hey, we said that about another one of our youngsters recently and he has shown us that a player can improve his finishing.

I think this loan can do a lot for Anthony, if he has a few more man of the match performances and slots a few for Preston, it will give him confidence. The jury is out on Anthony, but, I have seen enough flashes of ability from him to be hopeful we have a good player on our hands.

Utd had plenty when the were successful under Ferguson

They have loads now. Williams, McTominay, Tuanzebe. Chelsea have Abraham, James, Mount. Spurs have the likes of Winks and Tanganga. Players that aren’t seen as world beaters, but serve a purpose in the squad and stop you needing to spend money on some average player to be a rotational option.

Status
Not open for further replies.