Transfer Rumour Maximillian James Aarons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did watch Norwich

You sure?

You watch highlights of games or games against Everton evidently. Not sure that can be used to say someone had a poor 38 game season.

All this talk of big fees surely discounts the fact that because of Covid clubs generally don't have a pot to pee in? The January window saw very little activity, and I can't see huge fees being thrown about in the summer, especially for relatively unproven youngsters.

There seems to be some resistance to the idea fees will drop but I can't see it at all mate. January was down 2/3rds in terms of spend from the previous year (which was already around 40% of where it had been 2 years earlier). A big chunk of that was also Diallo who essentially was signed in October but gets counted in January.

The summer window saw a reduction of around 15%. So where this summer fits I don't know. You'd imagine somewhere between those numbers, but to me likely to be nearer this winter (I appreciate there will be some opening up of ground set etc, but this has to be offset by some abysmal financial results being shown, and loans likely due to be paid back).

It won't be uniform though. For a myriad of reasons I sense younger players values will hold steadier than older players, who will bear the brunt of a decline. So you have to be smart. Norwich, on getting promotedm having a player under contract for a long time, who is young, are not under any real pressure to sell. I don't even think they gambled much in the PL last time, so have no pressure to sell.

For me you have to be pragmatic too, and "play the odds" a bit. If for example Hysaj, is available, with 12 months left, for a fraction of the cost he may have once been, and what Aarons is quoted at, you can see which deal makes more sense. I suppose, as with all buying and selling processes, it's about product placement before you move in. It looks all wrong for me with Aarons.

You sure?

You watch highlights of games or games against Everton evidently. Not sure that can be used to say someone had a poor 38 game season.

I mean I'm not pretending I watched every game am I?

Honestly this is going to lead to me talking about Godfrey and I really don't want to do that right now. So maybe just leave it?

Or just admit you have zero idea if Max Aarons had a poor PL season or not.
I don't think he was very good last year. I still stand by the theory that building the Norwich backline that conceded 80 goals is a bad idea, but of course this is going to lead to discussion of Godfrey, and I'd prefer not to.

Edit: Sorry, 75 goals. I thought they got all the way to 80 but not quite.

I don't think he was very good last year. I still stand by the theory that building the Norwich backline that conceded 80 goals is a bad idea, but of course this is going to lead to discussion of Godfrey, and I'd prefer not to.

Why do you keep bringing up Godfrey?! lol you've proven to not have seen Norwich last season properly so just wondering how you know one of their players had a bad season. It's a simple question.

Why do you keep bringing up Godfrey?! lol you've proven to not have seen Norwich last season properly so just wondering how you know one of their players had a bad season. It's a simple question.
How have I proven that? I'm confused. I said I didn't watch more than maybe 5-10 of their games but I can also read and those games showed me something too. I mean do I have to watch a players entire 38 game season to have an opinion because truth be told I have none of those then.

Edit: Sorry, 75 goals. I thought they got all the way to 80 but not quite.
Whats ya beef with Godfrey?

Thanks for the invite.

Is Aarons worth the transfer fee of around 30 million plus being reported? Probably not, but if an auction develops, who knows?

He is improving, no doubt helped by plenty of game time right now. Possibly too much game time...last night was his 32nd league game of the season and he has played virtually every minute of those games.

I suppose such players will show further improvement when they play in better teams and you may think that is what is happening with Godfrey. There are plenty of decent young players around in the Championship who would be worthy additions to a Premier League squad.

In today’s transfer market, you guys have ‘stolen’ Godfrey at 20-25 million. In my opinion, Newcastle overpaid for Jamal Lewis at 15 million. I would rank Aarons somewhere in between but rebasing Godfrey‘s figure higher and Lewis’s lower.

So probably no more than 20?

P.S - Personally, since I have seen him mentioned on here, I wouldn’t value Cantwell any higher than Lewis.
Never really saw the hype either, I think its just an english thing. Thousands of clogger midfielders so as soon as one looks half decent on the ball everyone raves.

How have I proven that? I'm confused. I said I didn't watch more than maybe 5-10 of their games but I can also read and those games showed me something too. I mean do I have to watch a players entire 38 game season to have an opinion because truth be told I have none of those then.

But you said yourself in the posts I sent you've seen them "a few times" which deffo isn't 5-10 Norwich games. I suspect you watched 2 vs Everton and then some YouTube and have no said someone's had a bad season I suspect based soley on whatever Matrix stat reality you live in.

For example I think Aarons is a good prospect but I have no idea if he had a good season as I watched 1 single Norwich game last year.

But you said yourself in the posts I sent you've seen them "a few times" which deffo isn't 5-10 Norwich games. I suspect you watched 2 vs Everton and then some YouTube and have no said someone's had a bad season I suspect based soley on whatever Matrix stat reality you live in.

For example I think Aarons is a good prospect but I have no idea if he had a good season as I watched 1 single Norwich game last year.
I watched more than that, I didn't write it down, I watched for example the City game where the Norwich backline was a disaster but they won anyway because City missed a bunch of great chances and essentially threw two into their own net up the other end. I watched the game they got officially relegated, or at least one around that, where I think West Ham more or less took their manhood over 90 minutes too. So I saw a few times and I wasn't impressed.

I also just have a problem with the idea of him being an attacking fullback who isn't really producing anything going forward of note while playing with the best creative player in his current league in front of him and an above average one in the PL in front of him last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.