New Everton Stadium Discussion

Tell you what £39m spent just on the development plans alone. However much the stadium will cost in total. The Goodison refurbs. Managerial appointments, dismissals, players signed. Nobody can say Moshiri hasn’t done much for this club in 5 years. If this goes ahead he’s created a legacy really.
I know one lad who will:celebrate::celebrate:

I'll be honest as much as I love GP as someone who is only old enough to truly remember the mid to late 90's I dont have as much an emotional connection that I assume the older fellas have having seen the successful years / best players in our history grace the Goodison Turf.

I'll miss the personal memories such as my grandad who's no longer here taking me the games as a young lad but from the footballing perspective im hoping that BMD gives us the opportunity to enter a new golden era in terms of success on the field.

Not a fan of the interior, would have been easy with today's engineering techniques to incorporate some of original stadium features.
I like the interior, the roof is my least favourite part, but we’ll see, I like how they’ve made it close to the pitch and the stands are very steep to make it like a battle arena in a way, and they are also designing acoustics for the noise and atmosphere to be louder and stay in the stadium, very cool!

The whole Hertiage complaint got blown away by a Red of all people.

“The dock wall was built by slaves”
He was actually the most passionate of the lot of them.

He Plpointed out the docks were built as a commercial enterprise to bring money into the city and give employment to the it's residents.

Everton are bringing them back to life.

I'll be honest as much as I love GP as someone who is only old enough to truly remember the mid to late 90's I dont have as much an emotional connection that I assume the older fellas have having seen the successful years / best players in our history grace the Goodison Turf.

I'll miss the personal memories such as my grandad who's no longer here taking me the games as a young lad but from the footballing perspective im hoping that BMD gives us the opportunity to enter a new golden era in terms of success on the field.
Mate there's no place on earth better than an all standing Goodison park in the 80s with the team we had.
Its hard to explain to anyone who hasn't experienced an all standing stadium.

Sorry mate, what is this "good"?.

I know "Bottlers", "underwhelming" "Walter Smith-esque 10 at the back".

That's the dream, and it's not that farfetched!

Imagine waiting less than ten years for our next derby win. Not sure how we’d collectively cope.

Carlo identifying boss players, Brands signing them, Moshiri making funds available. It’s a world away from Moyes selling Yakubu Saha and Arteta and bringing in Drenthe and Stracqualursi on loan and not being able to build a retail complex by Goodison because we had no money.

I love Goodison, the lads i sit around are great lads, the Gwladys St is just amazing for more reason than leaving high as a kite.

But we need to move, me and my mates always laugh, wherever we end up watching Everton... Barnsley, Carlisle, Blackpool they have quadruple the hospitality we have. That's where the money is. Plus, imagine how good it'll be starting your pre-match on Dale St, and reaching the ground down the boardwalk, 10 pints in and losing to Stoke.

It'll be momentous, and no one will ever be able to take away the fact you were at the first game at our new home for the next 100 years!

my arl fella said the same, an otherwise very respectable 79yo fella planning some destruction and theft of strategic parts of Goodison
Man on a mission eh , I don't he be on his own
Screenshot_20210223-133129_Samsung Internet.jpg

Great to see those politicised zealots in UNESCO defeated.
Everything doesn't have to meet their ridiculous requirements to be something positive and good for the area. The benefits far outweigh any cultural or historical grievances with the club already having bent over backwards to accommodate their main objections.

They're extremists and their view of the world a narrow unbending one that takes no account of any other considerations.
Totally agree.
Beside which that area of the waterfront/ docks is an eyesore.
The regeneration and investment in jobs will in the words of Roberto Martinez be phenomenal.

We’ll win the league in our last season at Goodison.