New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'm purely speculating, but with Jenrick's recent past, he may want to be seen as giving all large projects full due diligence removing any opportunity for criticism.

The same token he may want to not be seen by Boris/Tory overlords of preventing projects that will boost the economy as we look to head out of lockdown.

Cant see this being called in whatsoever.

Definitely time to change the name of this thread now. Can I get a 'Hell Yeah!' if you agree. We need to preach to world about Bramley-Moore.

TzO.gif

What a time to be alive - at what feels like a critical juncture in the history of the club.

God I will miss Goodison, even having to crane my neck to see around the support columns. I once bumped into Andre Marriner at the cricket and, without knowing my allegiances, he said his favourite place to go to was Goodison. The roar, the crackling atmosphere - it is renowned in English footy.

Onwards and upwards, though!

Imagine a Carlo-managed Everton team welcoming Real Madrid to their new home, the lights of the city reflecting on the water, in the Champions League group stages 24/25 season?!

Mad. Well done to all involved

Did we ever find out what that little drama between Meis and Everton was a few months/year ago ? He was unhappy about something but I can't remember what, seems happy enough now judging by his twitter.

Great to see those politicised zealots in UNESCO defeated.
Everything doesn't have to meet their ridiculous requirements to be something positive and good for the area. The benefits far outweigh any cultural or historical grievances with the club already having bent over backwards to accommodate their main objections.

They're extremists and their view of the world a narrow unbending one that takes no account of any other considerations.