How are the RS handling it in work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The trick is, don't mention it, it kills them.Wait for them to HAVE to bring it up and then casually go "oh yeh, that" and talk about something else. It does them in that we think they aren't important
Absolutely! I opened up our teams call this morning with a massive grin on my face and said nothing. Then one of the lads who is a City fan says ‘Steve you look happy, still buzzing off the football?’ at which point you see all RS heads drop

one thing that's annoying especially in the press is everybody going on about how bad Liverpool where and not how good we were

Yeah sure I just seen on YouTube the Sky Sports headline as “Penalty Controversy At Anfield Derby” I understand maybe it could be to just get hits but it’s always got to be some sort of ‘controversy’ or other excusable reasoning. It’s like none of them have the stomach to just admit we beat them fair and square. Like we do when we lose games.

one thing that's annoying especially in the press is everybody going on about how bad Liverpool where and not how good we were
Tbf the sky sports app headline was ‘Terrific Everton raid Anfield to end derby hoodoo’ and I’ve enjoyed all of the proper match analysis of how well we played. The ‘Liverpool are in trouble’ headlines are mainly just click bait at this point trying to milk a 2 day old result

Spoke to an old RS mate, he kicked straight off saying “the state of you bitters, carrying on like the end of WW2 because you won a derby”. He had a huge smug look on his grid as if to say ” come back on that one”.
I stared straight at him and said “ We have just beaten our oldest rivals at their own ground, for the first time in decades. I would expect any reasonable football fan to understand our elation.

However, I recall when the Reds ruled the world back in the seventies and we got to the league cup final and you, who were winning everything at the time couldn’t let us have our day in the sun! You had to belittle the event by naming the trophy the Mickey Mouse cup”? Similarly, when you were sweeping all before you, showing off yet another trophy on the two. Hall steps, you chose to call sun tragic, why? It was your day in the sun, you had won a trophy, yet the first this you could think to do was to try to humiliate Everton, yet you think we obsess on you?

“i think you need to understand this simple fact, we don’t hate you because of your success, we hate you because you are utterly devoid of grace and of class, you really are a vile, ungracious lot”
His face was a very unhealthy purple colour when I turned away from him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.