2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's comments like this that puzzle me.

We're talking about James Rodriguez here, arguably the biggest name to ever come out of Colombia apart from Pablo Escobar, Shakira and Carlos Valderrama.

A man in the - at least age-wise - prime of his career and who likely has one more move left in him before clubs will no longer be interested due to the prejudice that comes when signing players over 30, and especially those with extensive injury records.

We signed him for free, and as most people know, when you sign players for free, and especially in such strange circumstances as we did with James where everybody in world football assumed we'd paid 20m for him, there come with it certain conditions. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that one of those is a get-out clause that can kick in at the end of each season.

Sure, he loves working with Carlo, Sure he's earning a big wage, but not bigger than he could get elsewhere. You think he values working with Carlo when his reputation is being tainted by playing outside of the eyes of the world's media at bang average Everton?

When we finish mid-table he'll be associated with being a big part of that. He was our marquee signing and he couldn't help us finish in Europe. That's not going to make him more attractive to his next potential club.

Maybe you bought into the romance of the story and think he's a forever Evertonian now, but I can assure you he's not.

I'm in no way comparing us to City, but you need your big marquee name to turn heads.

City did it with Robinho, and we've done it with James. Robinho was a failure, but he was the exposure to make people stand up and realise City was a decent landing space.

We're paying him a lot, and the rumour was we just paid his contract off, so whilst we didn't pay Madrid, we paid James. Is his reputation being tainted? He's still the poster boy for South American football, and he's proving doubters, who assumed he was finished wrong. Yeah, it's different going from Benzema, Marcelo and the like to Davies and Sigurdsson, but we've got him for a 3-year deal, and other than 1 weird report, i've not heard a peep that he wants out.

Whilst it may not be you in specific, we as a fan base love to focus on negatives when it comes to Everton in the media. If the report was "he loves it and bringing all his family to stay", no one would bat an eye lid.

Just don't think he'll be leaving, certainly not in the offseason.

I've known all along he'll be off in the summer. As soon as we did a half-arsed recruitment job last summer it was clear to me we wouldn't have anywhere near the squad needed to get Europe, and James won't stick around at some crap 10th place side, which is what we'll prove to be end of the season. Signed for free, sold for free.
OK let's make a bet on that.

Loser has to use a picture and tagline of the winners choice for thee duration of the 22/23 season.

Do we we have a bet?

You can have 10th or lower.

I'm in no way comparing us to City, but you need your big marquee name to turn heads.

City did it with Robinho, and we've done it with James. Robinho was a failure, but he was the exposure to make people stand up and realise City was a decent landing space.

We're paying him a lot, and the rumour was we just paid his contract off, so whilst we didn't pay Madrid, we paid James. Is his reputation being tainted? He's still the poster boy for South American football, and he's proving doubters, who assumed he was finished wrong. Yeah, it's different going from Benzema, Marcelo and the like to Davies and Sigurdsson, but we've got him for a 3-year deal, and other than 1 weird report, i've not heard a peep that he wants out.

Whilst it may not be you in specific, we as a fan base love to focus on negatives when it comes to Everton in the media. If the report was "he loves it and bringing all his family to stay", no one would bat an eye lid.

Just don't think he'll be leaving, certainly not in the offseason.
Players at different stages of their career unfortunately, Robinho and James. James won't be anywhere near this level in two years time, we've even seen his injury prone he is first hand sadly, and if we haven't already missed the boat with using him to attract better players, then we will have done if it's not taken advantage of in the summer.

I agree he's the poster boy still and I hope we continue to capitalise on it for the next few years, but I've seen Everton fail too many times to convince myself that we'll be able to do so.

I hope he'll see our his prime playing days with us, but I genuinely can't see him wanting to plod along at a mid-table side which is what we are going to be come May. I really hope to be forced to eat my words on all of this, of course!

OK let's make a bet on that.

Loser has to use a picture and tagline of the winners choice for thee duration of the 22/23 season.

Do we we have a bet?

You can have 10th or lower.
I think we're on course for between 8th - 12th which is why I said 10th, so I'll negotiate with you at 9th instead to be fair. But tbh there is no difference between 8th and 12th apart from about 5m in prize money. Still rubbish placing that gets us nothing.

Will propose a different bet - loser buys the other a GOT sub for a month. ;) I'll get happily lose!

I think we're on course for between 8th - 12th which is why I said 10th, so I'll negotiate with you at 9th instead to be fair. But tbh there is no difference between 8th and 12th apart from about 5m in prize money. Still rubbish placing that gets us nothing.

Will propose a different bet - loser buys the other a GOT sub for a month. ;) I'll get happily lose!
I'm am a very compassionate person and I like you Bullens. So to save you some face that you are not completely full of BS ill take 9th or lower and original bet penalty stands.

We have a bet?

I'm am a very compassionate person and I like you Bullens. So to save you some face that you are not completely full of BS ill take 9th or lower and original bet penalty stands.

We have a bet?
As long as there is nothing obscene in the picture I am happy with that. Hoping to be humiliated in the coming months. x

Anyone available to translate? @Sassy Colombian?
Sorry for the delay @UltraVires but I am just seeing your post. Below is the article in English but I wouldn't trust what it is claiming. I really think James will be at Everton for longer than just this season. He knew when he came here that the Club along with Carlo are just in the process of building a new project and it wasn't going to be instant success right away. He also knew this was a new league and it was going to take time to adjust so it would make no sense for him to leave after just one season. All those rumors about him not liking the weather or wanting to go to Atletico have always follow him so I wouldn't believe any of them.

Screenshot_20210219-071243~2.png

James Rodríguez's happiness faded when Zidane arrived to Real Madrid, which was when the Colombian began to have a lesser role. The French coach, knowing that James was not a player to his liking, sent him two seasons on loan to Bayern Munich so that he would have a dignified continuity , and then upon his return he was later sold to Everton.

As we have learned in Central Defense exclusively from sources very close to the white team, the Colombian is beginning to be unhappy in England.

The weather, customs, a very physical football that is causing him to chain injuries ... he is not quite happy despite the presence of Ancelotti and he has already let those around him know that he is willing to return to Madrid, which is where he wants live, and sign for Atlético, a club he was close to joining two years ago.

It was always clear to Real Madrid that James was a guaranteed sale last summer, and the Colombian went to Everton for free. It was a very clear dismissal to Zidane's project in all seasons.

The relationship between James and Zizou was not particularly good, and this was what caused the two to end up separating. It is important that we highlight the quality that the coffee soccer player has, as he is and has been a world football talent, but he has not had luck in his career to succeed as much as he would have liked to.

I obviously believe James will have a good season overall and has another great run of play in him

But how good James will be for us, assuming he stays, will be seen next year.

Will he dedicate his summer to fitness and conditioning? No matter what he should be better than what we saw this season. You simply can't afford to not play for 2 LONG seasons due to covid break and have a short offseason and be in optimal shape, especially a guy like James who is already physically behind.

I think next season we will see a much better and efficient James, but even this season he has more to give

It's comments like this that puzzle me.

We're talking about James Rodriguez here, arguably the biggest name to ever come out of Colombia apart from Pablo Escobar, Shakira and Carlos Valderrama.

A man in the - at least age-wise - prime of his career and who likely has one more move left in him before clubs will no longer be interested due to the prejudice that comes when signing players over 30, and especially those with extensive injury records.

We signed him for free, and as most people know, when you sign players for free, and especially in such strange circumstances as we did with James where everybody in world football assumed we'd paid 20m for him, there come with it certain conditions. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that one of those is a get-out clause that can kick in at the end of each season.

Sure, he loves working with Carlo, Sure he's earning a big wage, but not bigger than he could get elsewhere. You think he values working with Carlo when his reputation is being tainted by playing outside of the eyes of the world's media at bang average Everton?

When we finish mid-table he'll be associated with being a big part of that. He was our marquee signing and he couldn't help us finish in Europe. That's not going to make him more attractive to his next potential club.

Maybe you bought into the romance of the story and think he's a forever Evertonian now, but I can assure you he's not.
Tell you all this himself did he ?

Players at different stages of their career unfortunately, Robinho and James. James won't be anywhere near this level in two years time, we've even seen his injury prone he is first hand sadly, and if we haven't already missed the boat with using him to attract better players, then we will have done if it's not taken advantage of in the summer.

I agree he's the poster boy still and I hope we continue to capitalise on it for the next few years, but I've seen Everton fail too many times to convince myself that we'll be able to do so.

I hope he'll see our his prime playing days with us, but I genuinely can't see him wanting to plod along at a mid-table side which is what we are going to be come May. I really hope to be forced to eat my words on all of this, of course!
Are you free Christmas Day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.