New Everton Stadium Discussion

I work not far from it, it's a carpark for a dozen cars and a dumping ground , this is why liverpool have fell behind Manchester year on year, a heritage site for empty crisp packets blowing around.
Exactly this.

Yes, it has historic significance. So do all the other unused docks.

They offer nothing at all at the moment... Barren wastelands that stop any development down that way

If I'm right in thinking (I may not) but isn't it the dock walls and who built them that's the issue, surely if so they could be incorporated into the design for the ground. It should go ahead, it'll improve that part Liverpool / the front no end.

If I'm right in thinking (I may not) but isn't it the dock walls and who built them that's the issue, surely if so they could be incorporated into the design for the ground. It should go ahead, it'll improve that part Liverpool / the front no end.
If you're talking about the "Dock Walls" along Regent Road, that was what I initially thought they were worried about.

It's infact the "wet walls" inside the dock that they're whining about. Absolutely ridiculous - a site the public couldn't access, and even if they could 80% of the wall is hidden under water.

Meh, it’s happening. Consider it a brexit upside, those pesky foreigners can’t tell us what we can and can’t do with our docks.

Covid has hit this country hard, a massive project like BMD is a gift horse. Should be fast tracked.

It's not just the history they are worried about, it's the integrity of the dock system. I suppose it would be like preserving a vintage car but without the engine or moving parts, so I find it understandable from the Unesco and HE viewpoint, but even residential development would remove any chance of retaining it as a working dock, so I think their argument is weak.

Around 2014 I was working offshore on the construction of the Gwynt y Môr wind farm off the north Welsh coast, and on a couple of occasions we had a port call in one of the Gladstone docks. I remember standing on the back deck looking south down along the Mersey at all the absolute nothingness that was happening dockside, and thinking to myself what an absolute waste of an area it was, and what a fantastic location somewhere down there would be for major redevelopment and for a new Everton stadium.

Genuinely can’t believe that 6-7 years later we’re so close to actually getting planning permission granted for it.