Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH FULHAM P/C

Tired limbs​

Well be happy with a victory of course. We know every game is really complicated. Fulham are playing really well in my opinion, we courage and intensity and after two hours against Spurs we are not in the best condition.”

Calvert-Lewin and Pickford out​

Both of them will not be available for the game on Sunday, we are looking for the game on Wednesday where we think both of them will be available

Players returning​

We have back Andre Gomes, we have back James who was not available, we have back Josh King who was not available. I think next week Allan will be back. I think the team and the squad is ready for the next games.

New Digne deal should be confirmed soon​

I’m not in there but I know, I think they’ve agreed and next week they are officially going to sign the new contract

Carlo on Richarlison​

I was really pleased for the performance he showed against Tottenham. I think we can say he’s back. He had a lot of problems in the first part of the season but after the performance against Tottenham we can say he’s back, He’s a real important player for us.

Carlo on Euro Target's​

It will be a key point to try to win because we are not far from the first fourth place in the table. Our tactic is to stay there. The last game we played at home was a defeat to Newcastle. It was a surprise and we don’t want a surprise against Fulham.

Carlo on Cup Celebration​

I was drinking a tea because I was freezing. After the 90 minutes I couldn't talk because I was cold. I didn't celebrate because I had the cup of tea in my hand and I didn't know if it was allowed because there was a check on the side.

Carlo on Steve Bruce Threats​

I didn't have these kind of things fortunately in my career. When I started training & one of my old manager said to me 'remember football is the most important things of the least important things in your life. Everyone has to understand this

Carlo on Cup Draw​

Ancelotti admits that you've got to beat City to win a cup.
He says his side are going to play against the "most difficult team" in this period and that it's really exciting to play a quarter-final against Manchester City.

Carlo on Tom Davies​

Tom is doing really well; he’s improved a lot. The base of his ability is he’s a dynamic midfielder. He needed to improve managing the ball and possession. Tactically he is doing really well. I don’t have to forget he is really young

Carlo on James​

He's fine. He trained yesterday, trained today. He's available for the game on Sunday, no problem

Carlo on Defensive Record​

I'd be more worried if we conceded 7 and didn't score. We had problems where we usually didn't, on set pieces. We conceded three v Spurs, one v MUFC. Usually there we are solid & strong. We have to adjust a little bit some positions. We played an open game. We play from the back and the strategy is to use James and Andre Gomes. As well as Sigurdsson’s quality against Spurs.

Carlo on Lewin Injury​

He only had a feeling that something was not good & stopped. He has a little, little problem. He can play on Wednesday

King role against Fulham​

I think Joshua can play in this position, play as a winger. Without Calvert-Lewin, the possibility to put him in the first XI is strong. His condition is strong & his adaptation to the team, he is working well

Carlo on Gbamin​

Specific and precise detail no. He’s working and training individually. Everything is going well, we’re looking at starting to train in 15-days and playing in one month

He says his side are going to play against the "most difficult team" in this period and that it's really exciting to play a quarter-final against Manchester City.

Refreshing. The last couple of managers and Moyes would already be giving their excuses for an inevitable defeat.

Important match to put the Newcastle one behind us and keep pace. A win sets us up for a tie for 4th, with 3 of the next 4 matches being tough ones.

Touch of the Fulham P/C

Scott Parker on team news
We're pretty good to be fair in the sense of where we came out of the last game, the players have had a bit of a break.” Cairney and Kongolo still out but the rest of the squad is fit and available

Parker on lack of goals:
I think it's fair to say we've not been clinical enough in those moments and at this level you need to be. There's a rational element to me that thinks that we are creating chances and we will turn the tide, but the other part of me is frustrated.

On becoming more clinical
Parker highlighted the mental aspect
The psychological element is that you often find that strikers and forward players are under the most pressure and have the most common dips in form because of that pressure.

When asked about the eight-point gap to safety Parker said
It doesn't really feel too daunting to be honest with you. I understand the challenge and how it may look but I also see ahead and I look on. I look at the fixtures we have, and the ones that we have are winnable.

Parker on RLC
I think he's been brilliant over the last seven or eight games for us, he's come out of the other side of settling in. He wants to be developed and he wants to improve his game.” He says RLC understands the next thing is to add goals to his game

Parker on Caro
He is a manager I have nothing but admiration for. To win what he has won speaks volumes. He carries himself with real class and dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.