Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
was going to mention that we were good at it early in the season. unless its just bad luck, the prem has figured something out. we have figured out how to fix it fast.

Son's corners were right on the money tonight tbf. Not many players can consistently land them perfectly.

We need to work on winning the initial , and whoever is in goal needs to come off their line and help.

Anyone else feel robbed of the opportunity, in years to come, to say "I was there for that game"?
Can you imagine the atmosphere that would have been created by a packed Goodison?
I'm really gutted that I've missed out on that buzz that you get as the crowd swarms out of the ground after a game like that.
Damn this bloody virus.
First time in a while I’ve really really missed going the game tonight

• Sad
Reactions: kev

Yeah sorry, not tactics - that was the wrong word as implies it was managerial instruction - more the mentality. After seeing out the initial Spurs wave we then got a foothold and created the Keane chance, which he has to finish. Just would have liked to see us have that thrust. But yeah, mad game.

Son's deliveries were great but the weaknesses of our marking system were there to see. That's now four goals conceded directly from set-pieces in the last four games. Our CBs have to be aggressive and attack the ball, and Sigurdsson should not be the one marking Sanchez - our system is a mix of zonal and man marking, with CBs and Dom/Rich often marking zones and the rest picking up players.
It has worked this season, it didnt work tonight? Whether Mourinho spotted a chink in the area ours or it was a bad day at the office is open to debate. The one thing I will say is United and Spurs are 2 of the most physical team in the league.i put us in that category too.

This game gave me a beautiful moment, watched it with my 11 year old little lad, watched this game hit him with every emotion under the sun - surprise, anger, despair, demoralised - close to tears at one point, conversely in other moments excitement, pride, elation, smugness, confidence, joy - took me back to my youth, thats the beauty of sport and the magic of the FA Cup, what a lesson in life within 2 hours for a young lad

was going to mention that we were good at it early in the season. unless its just bad luck, the prem has figured something out. we have figured out how to fix it fast.

Well, Leeds didn't really lay a glove on us from them - but they aren't great at set-plays (it was just the Alioski volley) and Leicester didn't either. Newcastle did with Wilson getting up at the near post.

Utd - that 3rd goal doesn't happen if Olsen doesn't slip. But, I also think it doesn't happen if Mina's in there because he'd attack that ball, whereas Keane was man-marking Maguire at the back post (which makes sense), but that left Holgate/Godfrey dealing with the rest.

Today was just a bit of a freak

Tom Davies tonight showed he does have it in him! I hope he gains confidence from it and continues playing the way he has done! Doucore was fantastic tonight helped out all over the pitch, I gave him MOTM, but realising Sigurdsson got 3 assists and a goal it's probably rightfully his. We showed confidence tonight, which is something we been short on for a long time! It's great to see! No way that side would have been capable of scoring 5 goals against Spurs under Silva! I'm made up!

Status
Not open for further replies.