Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue wasn't really the change anyway, it was just the tactics of dropping back at 4-3. We got forward once after that and Keane should have scored. It's that mentality hurdle - we need to get over it.

Yes, I understand Spurs were always going to press us too. Two teams played the game. But when we attack, we can be bloody good.

We did it v Utd. Got back to 2-2 then suddenly realised we had something to lose.

Mental game, but amazing to win it.

Just have to use it now, the spirit is clearly there.

DCL getting that tweak is a huge blow. Even if it's just 2 weeks that him missing City and the derby, ffs.

Anyway, first things first is Fulham. Get the squad as refreshed as possible. Hopefully James back, King to get a start or more gametime if Richy starts up top, with Bernard or Iwobi left. Hopefully see Allan on the bench too, and Gomes back in if he recovers from the knock.
Glad Bernard is back. How can Davies be MoM? We ship goals since he has been DM and has failed to cover one directly in last two games. I know he is local, I know he is young, I also know he is not going to improve. No pace at his age does not bode well. Sell to Blackpool.

I kept it to myself but at 4-4 I said to myself no say are we going to come out the Victor's of a great game like this. Normal its so everton to be the suckered in this roy of the rovers type thing.

Would bever but it out there into the universe.

Thank you everton.

This is a new everton.

No more "Everton that"
Ancelotti's 'Everton this'!

The issue wasn't really the change anyway, it was just the tactics of dropping back at 4-3. We got forward once after that and Keane should have scored. It's that mentality hurdle - we need to get over it.

Yes, I understand Spurs were always going to press us too. Two teams played the game. But when we attack, we can be bloody good.

We did it v Utd. Got back to 2-2 then suddenly realised we had something to lose.

Its almost one of those freak games where tactics went out the window. I think you can draw a line under most of it and there was a lot of really good things we did tonight.

The set plays is the one thing we do need to fix. Dont know what happened tonight

Its almost one of those freak games where tactics went out the window. I think you can draw a line under most of it and there was a lot of really good things we did tonight.

The set plays is the one thing we do need to fix. Dont know what happened tonight
Mourinho is an expert at set plays, so hopefully a one-off.

Let's hope it's a one off. Actually a two off as we were poor against United too.

It's actually been one of our positives this season. I'm sure it's just a hiccup ;)

And there goes the Fulham game as we have tired legs playing extra time and players injured.

You had one job Everton win or lose in the 90 minutes.

Lost DCL to injury and probably thrown the Fulham game all to probably go out tonight on pens tossers.
Mate, you are what the ignore function was made for and I have just felt great when utilising said function

Let's hope it's a one off. Actually a two off as we were poor against United too.

It's actually been one of our positives this season. I'm sure it's just a hiccup ;)
Cup football is about finding a way

We showed a lot of grit tonight, and I didnt expect it. That had Everton that all over it but they showed a lot of guts.

If you are willing to dig deep and bounce back to adversity then sometimes you can overcome mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.