Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you get big scores in FA Cup games and it's because you've got shadow teams out there, they weren't shadow teams, they were the best teams to be stuck out there and they gave us their best.

It was a classic of a FA Cup game, I loved every single second of it. If you could see that sort of application and effort from the players every single week it would be brilliant. It's almost impossible when you play this amount of games.

I am stunned that they've produced this amount of quality - some people might talk about the lack of defending it's actually about the quality of the goals, the creation and the effort.

What a fabulous cup tie, brilliant for the FA Cup - what a joy to be here tonight.

Pat Nevin

Hats off to the whole team. Keane, Davies, Siggy and Douc all magnificent.
Despite letting in 4 goals, i have to say Robin Olsson should take credit for how he played today. Important saves, reliable enoough when defending, took time to slow things down.
Godfrey absolutely brilliant today as well. Tired towards the end but made a myriad of brilliant interceptions and tackles.
Coleman also, immense when he came on. Compare him to what Iwobi would have accomplished in the same situations.

Hard to pick a MOTM really. I love this team!
To be fair Coleman helped out quite a lot he ran a lot tonight and looked quite quick.

Oh Lordy that wasnt any good for my health,brilliant and awful at the same time,but a couple of years ago that would have ended up with a comfortable Spurs win,difficult choice for MOTM but Doucourè just about shaded it,he was magnificent tonight

What a roller coaster but we prevailed :dance:

3’ Everton 0-1 Tottenham
36’ Everton 1-1 Tottenham
38’ Everton 2-1 Tottenham
43’ Everton 3-1 Tottenham
45’ Everton 3-2 Tottenham
57’ Everton 3-3 Tottenham
68’ Everton 4-3 Tottenham
83’ Everton 4-4 Tottenham
97' Everton 5-4 Tottenham
didnt watch second half of extra time. too intense. was obvious spurs would win.

31034AN_WEB_600.png

Status
Not open for further replies.