Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that myself. Absolutely bizarre that they chose to not focus on Alisson. At that point they were 1-1 and still in with a chance of winning the game and getting back in the title race. That was the biggest melt down of any keeper I've seen and gifted them 2 goals. Think the only mention was Shearer saying he'd had a bad night during a replay of one of the goals. They would have ended Pickfords career tonight. They know how damaging media can be and therefore didn't focus on it. As much as I hate social media, at least he'll get it the same as our players do there.
Whilst I agree to a degree, Pickford is the England goalkeeper which is why they care. If he was Brazilian they wouldn't analyse his errors.

Whilst I agree to a degree, Pickford is the England goalkeeper which is why they care. If he was Brazilian they wouldn't analyse his errors.
Durham on ts said..”did u see Popes error? If that was Pickford he’d be getting slatted because he the England keeper”

Maybe Pickford was the wrong choice of keeper to use but I believe, those errors were enormous in the context of top flight English football

According to the media

Man City
Man Utd
Leicester (apparently everyone favourite nephew )
Liverpool
Chelsea
West Ham (Overperformance)
?????????? some team in blue or whatever
Spurs (Underperfoming)
Aston Villa (Electric)
Arsenal (but they playing some good football)

Just been unfortunate enough to put espn fc on as it was on the Everton bit of bt sports. Craig burley another no mark sub par player turned pundit said in reference to the 3 all on saturday. Evertons away from has been ok then proceeded to spoit the usual 2 points thrown away bollox.

Another one for the list lads

Just been unfortunate enough to put espn fc on as it was on the Everton bit of bt sports. Craig burley another no mark sub par player turned pundit said in reference to the 3 all on saturday. Evertons away from has been ok then proceeded to spoit the usual 2 points thrown away bollox.

Another one for the list lads

Maybe worth watching that before judging mate !?

Maybe worth watching that before judging mate !?

Very refreshing to see not one but two pundits calling him out for what he is. Burley properly lays into him

I can’t imagine anyone having the cojones to do that on a UK based outlet. They’d lose their job.

And it doesn’t surprise me that Lebœuf took Klopp’s side. Over here in France, they love the RS

I saw a round up of last weekend’s thrashing by City. When sterling was taken out for the city pen, the co-commentator cried out “Oh nooooo..., there was no contact...” before sheepishly admitting that there was a foul after seeing the replays. Then when Salah did his Tom Daley impression the same pundit yelled “Penalty surely!!!”. No discussion about diving or if there was contact.
It stinks.

Today, driving to work between 06h15 and 07h15 the whole talk was about Spurs and RS. Nothing, I mean zero, about Everton and the great result - despite a very odd game. All about the good goals Spurs scored and that scoring 4 should not be a loss, but absolutely zero about us scoring 5 and some stunning goals.

Then 15 minutes on the RS and Klopp's mum. Latter is sad of course, but many, many citizens have similar experiences at the moment and it is sad for them all.

Serves me right for tuning into Talks**t, but I thought - for once - we would be the belle of the ball. Apparently we never even attended it.

Today, driving to work between 06h15 and 07h15 the whole talk was about Spurs and RS. Nothing, I mean zero, about Everton and the great result - despite a very odd game. All about the good goals Spurs scored and that scoring 4 should not be a loss, but absolutely zero about us scoring 5 and some stunning goals.

Then 15 minutes on the RS and Klopp's mum. Latter is sad of course, but many, many citizens have similar experiences at the moment and it is sad for them all.

Serves me right for tuning into Talks**t, but I thought - for once - we would be the belle of the ball. Apparently we never even attended it.
They did *another* super computer predictions, don’t half make me laugh.
Got RS 2nd Utd 3rd Chelsea 4th Leicester 5th us at 7th Arsenal 8th
Can’t see the RS getting 2nd or Arsenal 8th

They did *another* super computer predictions, don’t half make me laugh.
Got RS 2nd Utd 3rd Chelsea 4th Leicester 5th us at 7th Arsenal 8th
Can’t see the RS getting 2nd or Arsenal 8th

I think the only games anyone can predict this season involve Man C. All others could go anywhere. That and penalties for Utd of course.

Skysports have surpassed themselves today.

I switched on at 9-00pm this morning, expecting our game with Spurs would be high on the agenda.

Main story was another footballer receiving racist emails (disgusting and wrong, we would all agree).

It was approaching 9-20am before the game was mentioned, and then it was all about how Spurs gave it a good go.

Interviews ensued with a couple of Ex Tottenham players.

If the RS, Manure, Citteh, or Chelski had won 5-4 last night, it would have been non stop hyperbole.

The minimisation of all things EFC has now become totally embarrassing.

Skysports have surpassed themselves today.

I switched on at 9-00pm this morning, expecting our game with Spurs would be high on the agenda.

Main story was another footballer receiving racist emails (disgusting and wrong, we would all agree).

It was approaching 9-20am before the game was mentioned, and then it was all about how Spurs gave it a good go.

Interviews ensued with a couple of Ex Tottenham players.

If the RS, Manure, Citteh, or Chelski had won 5-4 last night, it would have been non stop hyperbole.

The minimisation of all things EFC has now become totally embarrassing.
Oh right.

Status
Not open for further replies.