Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honestly....Man Utd are too good. I think Gomes has done quite well by his normal standards, but that is the problem.....it is still not good enough against top teams. Davis is in totally the wrong league. Keane at fault for 1st and Olsen for 2nd (maybe harsh but a top gk would not be so out of position to make the goal possible). Big chance missed by DCL (he needs to learn how to finish those 1 on 1's). However, I went into this game with realistic views and those have been realised so I am keeping realistic instead of slagging off for the sake of it. Looking for a better 2nd half and a FA Cup win in midweek :)

No pressing at all. Those two goals can be stopped. Gave them all the time in the world.
We show what we can do if we have a bit of intensity going forward but we are standing off far too much and always looking for the safe pass.

Both goals are easily stopped with that very word you have just used "intensity"

Everything he said was wrong with that Newcastle game was in evidence for both goals

No energy
No commitment
No intensity
No desire
No spirit

Started well, but once they started pressing we kept losing the ball.

Always the same when teams press us. Need to be brave, use your body, keep the ball, win a foul. Could be a tough 2nd half this.
First ten minutes was like the first half against Leeds. The rest of the half was like the second half against Leeds but Utd have got top class players up front.

Close them down for Christ's sake instead of watching at a respectful distance. What the hells the matter with them. All this one touch inaccurate passing round our own box...they dont seem to realise theyre surrounded by red shirts. Keanes having a Jethro dozy hole night... half hearted attempts at headers.. weak clearances. He looks scared stiff. Theres a few who couldnt complain at being hooked at half time.

Played these twice already this season and leaned absolutely nothing. Gutless bottle jobs the lot of them. James is supposed to be thriving in these types of games for us. Looks like a 4th division player out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.