Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shall agree to disagree then mate. He was excellent the following season, steady the next 2 and had another good season after that. His stats show he was a 1 in 3 striker which was decent in a poor side.

Did his knee about 12-18 months after he signed for us, and was a different, and poorer player after that, and gthats no disrespect to him. He lost a lot of his pace, and that ability to run in behind went. However, for the first 18 months here, he was basically 1 in 2 and he was a terrific striker.

In his later career he still had a big role too. Not necessarily goals, but in the dressing room and also as a target man. He really heped Jeffers, Radzinski and to a degree Rooney when he first broke through. I'll be honest, I don't think either Jeffers or Radzinski were the same player without Campbell, which says a lot about him.

To get back to topic, I do see some comparisons with Josh King. Whether mentally he is as strong as Campbell and can adapt his game is up for question. I'll be doing cartwheels though if he can start with 9 goals in 8 games for us!

He seems to have spent 6 months sulking at Bournemouth and, if reports are to be believed, refused to go to Southampton because they wouldn't pay him £120k a week.

Might not be the attitude shakeup we want
All it takes is for the right club/manager to buoy a player though. You see it all the time.

If he’s no better than Walcott we can boot him out in the summer. He seems like a decent bench warmer/someone to put pressure on the front 3 to me.
When I say "Technically" better

Siggy is a technically better player than 90% of footballers out there, the fact that he looks like he's been out for a brisk walk without a hair out of place after 90 minutes and gives his opponents the easiest of times means he shouldn't be anywhere near the training pitch let alone the first 11.

We have been saddled with fancy dans who get shown up by good honest pros for some time now.

If Theo Walcott actually cared about losing and making the most of his elite athleticism he could have been a very very good player.... But he's a lovely lad who will pose for photos after stinking the gaff out in a 4 nil defeat and is liked around finsch farm

Did his knee about 12-18 months after he signed for us, and was a different, and poorer player after that, and gthats no disrespect to him. He lost a lot of his pace, and that ability to run in behind went. However, for the first 18 months here, he was basically 1 in 2 and he was a terrific striker.

In his later career he still had a big role too. Not necessarily goals, but in the dressing room and also as a target man. He really heped Jeffers, Radzinski and to a degree Rooney when he first broke through. I'll be honest, I don't think either Jeffers or Radzinski were the same player without Campbell, which says a lot about him.

To get back to topic, I do see some comparisons with Josh King. Whether mentally he is as strong as Campbell and can adapt his game is up for question. I'll be doing cartwheels though if he can start with 9 goals in 8 games for us!

Yes mate, his last 2 seasons with us he barely played and he had issues starting with the start of his first full season with us where I think he missed the first 6/7 games with injury. For me, it definitely was never the case of him getting a contract and not being arsed. I thought he was excellent and like you said I think he helped Jeffers ( which was proved right as Campbell was the best strike partner he ever had ), Radzinski was a far better player with Campbell and then definitely put his arm round Rooney. I think even Campbell and big Dunc might have had a few decent games together.

For those suggesting his questionable ability,.........he has scored 48 Premier League goals. Thats the same as Ian Rush .......
and if you're going to throw the none scored this season in the championship argument it doesn't really work. A relegated championship side isn't going to provide the service the lad gets from an Everton side with the quality supply lines we have.
Nominal Fee
Motivated to earn a new contract for next season
No Brainer well done Marcel/Carlo
Quality supply lines... he'll have to fight DCL for the scraps.

All it takes is for the right club/manager to buoy a player though. You see it all the time.
In his defence I wouldn't want to play for Bournemouth or Southampton either*

He obviously wants to be part of the Norway set-up, so needs games; clearly sees himself as better than Championship level.

It gives us options across our front 3 and a different type of player to DCL.

*They'll be devastated.

Yes mate, his last 2 seasons with us he barely played and he had issues starting with the start of his first full season with us where I think he missed the first 6/7 games with injury. For me, it definitely was never the case of him getting a contract and not being arsed. I thought he was excellent and like you said I think he helped Jeffers ( which was proved right as Campbell was the best strike partner he ever had ), Radzinski was a far better player with Campbell and then definitely put his arm round Rooney. I think even Campbell and big Dunc might have had a few decent games together.
Macavennie,
you are starting to sway me mate, maybe I have been a bit harsh on Kev Campbell, maybe I just focused on his goals and not his injury record, history shows he is the still the last Blue to score the winner at Analfield, so what more can I say

Status
Not open for further replies.