2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did alright in terms of a Championship team trying to compete with a top Premier League side. To sit that deep and just surrender the game was embarrassing to watch.

What was he supposed to do? We've got no runners in midfield as they're injured. So it was either defend as a team then show some quality when we get chances up the pitch...which I think we did a few times.

Could've played Holgate there but whether or not we'd have been more defensively sound...only Carlo knows.

Without Doucoure in there, we had no runners to break out when he had the ball. Hence the wave off attacks or straight punts up field.

End of the day, played a masterstroke away from home and got 3 points. Errors and out of form players (Richarlison) cost us 2 points at home. So 4 points from 6 against a side "miles ahead of us" is good for a patched up side.

Thought he had the best game I've seen him play for a while... He wasn't part of the problem from what I was watching. Shame about the chance falling into his belly at the death though
Just thought his legs went last 20 minutes but Sigardsson wouldn't have made much difference probably.

I think I have to say Carlo having us up this high is a minor miracle. With that said as we get healthier he's got to reinvigorate our attacking play to make it last. We're on a long run of not creating much of anything.

Richy and DCL both had chances to win it. So did Gomes. All against a very good side. I get your point but given the midfield players we had out that was the only way of winning that game and we almost did it but he was let down by mentally weak losers like Pickford.

Richy and DCL both had chances to win it. So did Gomes. All against a very good side. I get your point but given the midfield players we had out that was the only way of winning that game and we almost did it but he was let down by mentally weak losers like Pickford.
Richarlison's and Dom's are not very good chances. If that's all we're creating it isn't nearly enough.

Really think that with at least allan or Douc in mid, we'd smash them to pieces.

But on a more serious note, this team is far away from serious football. Need to buy at least one more good midfielder, to say the least.

Some competition for Richy would be appropriate as well. Think only reason he didn't get dropped yet is cause we have no one else to play instead of him. No idea what's going on with the guy, but since his Lpool red he's gone from bad to worse. Ignore him not scoring much, he's actively ruining scoring chances for others. Like that corner kick (or was it a chip?) when he runs in infront of DCL and heads the ball somewhere else. Or that through ball from James, after we conceded, DCL on the ball and Richy barges in and fumbles dcl and the ball... And not only that, the overall attitude is piss poor for him. Just throws himself on the pitch and completely lacks industry lately.

Seriously, Richy needs couple of games to rest to screw his head back on straight.

What was he supposed to do? We've got no runners in midfield as they're injured. So it was either defend as a team then show some quality when we get chances up the pitch...which I think we did a few times.

Could've played Holgate there but whether or not we'd have been more defensively sound...only Carlo knows.

Without Doucoure in there, we had no runners to break out when he had the ball. Hence the wave off attacks or straight punts up field.

End of the day, played a masterstroke away from home and got 3 points. Errors and out of form players (Richarlison) cost us 2 points at home. So 4 points from 6 against a side "miles ahead of us" is good for a patched up side.
Sorry, that's just crazy to say that. There seems to be this mentality if ANY player is injured of not available "well, what ELSE is he supposed to do??". Almost no teams have a fully fit first 11 throughout the season. Carlo needs to stop with this "don't do ANYTHING if we are ahead". We're really not that bad in terms of injuries and, yet, we just finished a match with 35% possession at home.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti to BBC Sport:
I'm happy with the draw. The result is fair. We had an opportunity at the end to win but the result is fair. It’s a good point for us.

"They are a good team. We defended well. We could have had more control of the ball.

"Spirit is good. Condition is good. We are in the right way. Everywhere, unpredictable results."

On James Rodriguez scoring with his right foot: "Surprise. I don’t remember him scoring with his right foot before. It was really fantastic."

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti, speaking to BT Sport:
It was a tough game. I thought we defended more than we attacked, we did quite well and it's a good point.

"We didn't have the control that we wanted when they equalised, the game was more in their control but the point was fair.

"It wasn't that we defended too deep, it was the fact we didn't quite have the quality after they equalised.

"I said two weeks ago this is an unpredictable league, unbelievable. There are good games and hard games - we played against Sheffield United, who are at the bottom, and had problems. It's a really exciting Premier League."

On Jordan Pickford: "This is not the right place to talk about this. He can do better but it doesn't matter."

On James Rodriguez's goal: "It was unbelievable. We're not used to seeing him score with the right!"

My gripe is definitely more with the players than the manager. It was definitely a case of get what we can because we just accepted Leicester were a far better team.

I think I have to say Carlo having us up this high is a minor miracle. With that said as we get healthier he's got to reinvigorate our attacking play to make it last. We're on a long run of not creating much of anything.
Agreed but we injuries have halted that, We've struggled since the Liverpool game to keep Digne/Allan or Rodriguez fit at all, These are key players and the backs up aren't good enough to keep a sustained attacking football which is why we revert to this back to the wall defending, Ancelotti is just trying to get the results rather than implement anything with Gomes and Davies in midfield.

I'd rather draw with 35 % possession than lose with 50. If we had won tonight and drawn away we would be thrilled.
Decent point.

Allardyce sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - worst manager ever.

Ancelotti sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - best manager ever, in Carlo we trust.

West Ham, Leeds, Man Utd x 2, Rotherham and Leicester all disgraceful home performances

I honestly fear we may not even beat Newcastle on Saturday if this is how we are being set up to play

Agreed but we injuries have halted that, We've struggled since the Liverpool game to keep Digne/Allan or Rodriguez fit at all, These are key players and the backs up aren't good enough to keep a sustained attacking football which is why we revert to this back to the wall defending, Ancelotti is just trying to get the results rather than implement anything with Gomes and Davies in midfield.
I understand that. I said as we get healthier. I mean Digne and James are back. We can probably get by with Digne at LB so we aren't using 4 CBs and making the build up poor once we've got Doucoure back on Saturday.

Allardyce sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - worst manager ever.

Ancelotti sets us up not to lose and nick goals on the break or set pieces - best manager ever, in Carlo we trust.

West Ham, Leeds, Man Utd x 2, Rotherham and Leicester all disgraceful home performances

I honestly fear we may not even beat Newcastle on Saturday if this is how we are being set up to play

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.