Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently his wages were doubled to £40k a week.

Will be a big fee but his wages wont be insane. Something Moshiri mentioned as being a target a year or so ago.

He would be brilliant.

Strong fee, better wages, great age profile. Brings much needed pace to that position.

Would definitely need to get better defensively, but that can be trained.

Can see him transitioning more into the RW role like Saka has done at Arsenal.

He's the second worst defensive RB in the league behind Bellerin I think.

I've probably only watched him half a dozen times, but my impression is that Brighton have looked better defensively since he's been out of the team. I watched them on Saturday against Leeds and they were very solid without him. I'm not saying he's a bad player because Brighton aren't a good side to judge a player on, but I've not been impressed so far.

Apparently his wages were doubled to £40k a week.

Will be a big fee but his wages wont be insane. Something Moshiri mentioned as being a target a year or so ago.
Brighton would demand a huge fee. Better value from abroad I'm sure, even though he looks a prospect. I don't want to see us signing promising but not outstanding players for 50m - leave that for City and United.

Lamptey is a lovely player but I want to see him in a back 4, think he wouldn't be as great

Like I suggested im not sure why we don't even enquire for Odriozola on a loan with option from Real

Fast, great with both feet and clearly available, im sure he would be great for us especially with the Euros in the summer

These are the players I listed that we should be trying to sell urgently...there are 15 of them.

The number next to them is the year their contract expires

Bolasie 21
Besic 21
Connolly 21
Bowler 21
Sigurdsson 22
Bernard 22
Tosun 22
Delph 22
Coleman 22
Kenny 22
Lossl 22
Baningime 22
Gibson 22
Davies 23
Gomes 24

Summer 2021 = 4 players out of contract
Summer 2022 = 9 players out of contract

Add in Davies, Gomes and Kean (as seems likely).

we are left with this:

GK: Pickford / Olsen / Virginia
RB:
CB: Mina / Godfrey / Keane
CB: Branthwaite / Holgate
LB: Digne / Nkounkou
CM: Doucoure / Allan / Gbamin
LF: Richarlison / Gordon
CF: DCL
RF: James / Iwobi

Players needed (Olsen i assume we sign)

2 × RB
3 × CM
1 × CF

16 players out and 6 players in.

Huge amount of wages and circa £100mil to play with to bring in 6 players before dipping into Moshiris pockets

Quite a detailed analysis well done Zat. The top 4 are gone anyway this year, no doubt at the end of the season. Cannot see us selling them as there has been zero interest in them.

AS for the others, Davies and Gomes will be here until 2023 and 2024, do not think we will have any interest from other clubs ATM.

As for the rest Bernard, Lossi, Tosun and Kenny may hopefull;y depart this window, Siggy won't be going anywhere, Colemand will be offered a coaching job! The rest are U23s so not sure how we can offload them, no rumours of interest from any clubs.

Add to your list I am not sure who, but those on loan, the only ones I know are Kean and Branthwaite.

Zat who will buy the players highlighted in bold and pay them their current wages
Davies and Coleman will not be sold
Out of the rest we would get maybe 10m for Kenny ,pennies for the rest
All this FIFA stuff is great but real life is different
What six first team squad players will you get for 100m for a side looking for top 4

A: Players fees
Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+
Nominal fees for a few of the others

Circa £100mil + huge amount of wages

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.

He would be brilliant.

Strong fee, better wages, great age profile. Brings much needed pace to that position.

Would definitely need to get better defensively, but that can be trained.

Can see him transitioning more into the RW role like Saka has done at Arsenal.

I've probably only watched him half a dozen times, but my impression is that Brighton have looked better defensively since he's been out of the team. I watched them on Saturday against Leeds and they were very solid without him. I'm not saying he's a bad player because Brighton aren't a good side to judge a player on, but I've not been impressed so far.

Brighton would demand a huge fee. Better value from abroad I'm sure, even though he looks a prospect. I don't want to see us signing promising but not outstanding players for 50m - leave that for City and United.

Lamptey is a lovely player but I want to see him in a back 4, think he wouldn't be as great

Like I suggested im not sure why we don't even enquire for Odriozola on a loan with option from Real

Fast, great with both feet and clearly available, im sure he would be great for us especially with the Euros in the summer

As some say, Lamptey is a very attacking player.

He'd be amazing to sign as a wing back, which would also benefit Digne.

I suppose it depends if we would play him as a right mid/wide player or a wing back / full back.

Ancelotti likes options...

Personally would go for Emerson if were after an attacking full back or Militao if another CB/RB type.

Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+

B: I dont play FIFA...never touched it. Used to play FM and CM back in the day though...not sure what the relevance is here as they are games.

C: I wrote "£100mil and huge wages for players, before dipping into Moshiris pocket"

We actually signed Allan, Godfrey, Nkounkou, James and Doucoure for £60+mil per Brands...so with £100mil we wont go far wrong.
We’re not selling all of Sig, Davies and Gomes. Certainly not in one window for sure, it’s easy to just put a figure next to a name but it really isn’t a sellers market right now (it feels).

Yeh that stat came from Tifo or Athletic I think. I've not really watched him play but doesn't strike me as a solid RB. Maybe with another defensive mid to slot in that wouldn't be a terrible thing.

Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+

In the last number of weeks because of injuries Davies, Gomes and Sigurdsson have all been heavily involved in our team.
Without them there have been times we would not have been able to put out a midfield in some games. We now know that Doucoere is suspended for a game and as the season progresses that will be a factor for all teams.

We simply cannot afford to buy three more central midfielders as well as a right back, a wide player and another striker...... it just won't happen.

Doucoere and Allan are first choice and the others fill in as required.
We will over other transfer windows sign new players but it probably is a two or three year process.

As some say, Lamptey is a very attacking player.

He'd be amazing to sign as a wing back, which would also benefit Digne.

I suppose it depends if we would play him as a right mid/wide player or a wing back / full back.

Ancelotti likes options...

Personally would go for Emerson if were after an attacking full back or Militao if another CB/RB type.
Lamptey will be an amazing player but he signed a 5 year contract yesterday. He's clearly not for sale unless we're offering siggursson money.

Sigurdsson £10mil
Bernard £10mil
Tosun £5mil
Kenny £7mil
Davies £12mil
Gomes £10mil
Kean £40mil+

I suspect Sugurdsson will be given an extension and Davies won’t be sold.

Bernard will not go for £10m because of his wages. The most likely option with him is some form of exchange, probably for Olsen.

£40m for Kean is hopelessly optimistic, he’s simply not worth that.

I‘m not convinced Gomes will be sold this summer either, but if he does, I think we would look to recoup more than £10m

Tosun may move, but he’s been content to sit things out so far.

Kenny is likely to move and £7m feels about right.

Our sales are more likely to be between £40 - £55m (assuming none of our big names move on).

Lamptey will be an amazing player but he signed a 5 year contract yesterday. He's clearly not for sale unless we're offering siggursson money.
That new contract adds about 25mil to whatever they were going to ask for prior to the extension, which I expect would be pretty chunky to begin with (which is fair)

Status
Not open for further replies.