2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20210114_170152.png

I'm 48, old enough to be James's Dad (sheesh), but we've long been told that Evertonians know their football, appreciate footballers, and have graduated from the School of Science. Yet, the ignorance from a significant section of our fanbase about James Rodriguez has been instructive. This lad is a magnificent footballer. Maybe the younger fans, i.e., those who have NEVER seen a technically-accomplished Everton side, so anyone under 40, then, have been bred to prioritise graft and "effort" and passion and all of those important non-technical things out of a dearth of options. After all, we have had so few great players since 1990 and no great sides. But I am amazed at the lack of faith some have in James. He's technically magnificent, a visonary, artistic player who is quite simply...a footballer. True, people are entitled to wonder how many times we will get him on the pitch (history suggests we can expect 25 appearances a season - but, trust me, after years of the Hibberts, McGeadys, Thomsens, and Nyarkos, I'll happily take that), but nobody can doubt his exquisite value to this team.

A glorious player to watch...and he plays for Everton.

*pinches himself once more*

Ooh.

They did. There were serious questions about whether James ran around enough to warrant coming back into the team in Siggurdson’s spot. Claims that 4 in a row without him backed it up.

I think it was more that people were raising the question "Are we actually better without him starting?"

Obviously the answer is no, but starting debate is kind of what this place is all about. That and bumming obv

If you change your mind
I'm the first in line
James, I'm still free
Take a chance on me
If you need me, let me know
Gonna be around
If you've got no place to go
When you're feeling down
If you're all alone
When the pretty birds have flown
James I'm still free
Take a chance on me
Gonna do my very best
And it ain't no lie
If you put me to the test
If you let me try
Take a chance on me
That's all I ask of you, honey
Take a chance on me
We can go dancing (oh)
We can go walking (yeah)
As long as we're together (long as we're together)
Listen to some music (oh)
Maybe just talking (yeah)
Get to know you better (get to know you better)
'Cause you know I've got
So much that I wanna do
When I dream I'm alone with you, it's magic
You want me to leave it there
Afraid of a love…
Yeah its maccas love and its strong and long and won't let ya down I'll pick u up won't let ya fall u can call on me, Mr S maccavennie!

Yep that Swedish boy girl girl boy group sure knew how to pull at the strings of our James

The end bit i improvised of course

Status
Not open for further replies.