Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be in the habit of winning games I don't think we look likely to. Still the odd issue in games we should win but the improvement from last season is fantastic.

Honestly cant believe we won that. The starting line up was ridiculous and most of the players were bad, but we got the result and thats what good teams do, get the win when you shouldnt.

Hard to choose a MOTM but had to be big Mick. Winning goal, great defending and other than Hamez was our best passer.
Digne ran himself ragged and looked beat. Hope no injuries.
Iwobi was great, always a willing runner and thought he teamed up well with Hamez.
Davies I thought had a mixed game but gave us some energy and the swap for gomes I thought was pointless and then he proved the assist.
Godfrey looks like the signing of the season just for his speed. Should have stuck him up top instead of Siggy.
Doucs I thought was pretty bad.
Siggy just isnt a striker, just a bizarre choice. Tosun surly must move on now.
Holgate was the worst person on the pitch but I think he was playing right wing or something...?

In Don Carlo we trust.

Interesting to see James today,chasing the ball even late in the second half, and doing his bit in defence. One great tackle and he was fouled as he went away with the ball. Brilliant the way he uses the space on the pitch...always available for a pass. His best game tonight, and I've doubted him more than most.

Mick Keane MOTM for me, but there were about 5 others you could have given it to. What a player James is btw, some of his passes tonight were, once again, sublime. I tell you what he didnt half do some pressing as well, gets through far more work than he is credited for.
James so wanted to win tonight, he looked right up for it and went mad at Keanes goal

Status
Not open for further replies.