2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s currently playing for a team that will be expected to dominate the ball for 90% of the game, and he’s being asked to put the ball in the net. We need our no.9 to do much more than just score goals.

There’s no way we go on the recent run of results without DCL in the side, even though he wasn’t scoring, he was one of the most important players on the pitch.

It would be ideal if Kean was willing to be patient, work on his all round forward play and try and force his way into the side. But as it stands, he’s currently getting game time for a team full of stars and nailed on for champions league every year, he isn’t going to want to come back to play second fiddle for us.

I think provided we make a profit, a permanent switch for him is best for all parties.

He’s currently playing for a team that will be expected to dominate the ball for 90% of the game, and he’s being asked to put the ball in the net. We need our no.9 to do much more than just score goals.

There’s no way we go on the recent run of results without DCL in the side, even though he wasn’t scoring, he was one of the most important players on the pitch.

It would be ideal if Kean was willing to be patient, work on his all round forward play and try and force his way into the side. But as it stands, he’s currently getting game time for a team full of stars and nailed on for champions league every year, he isn’t going to want to come back to play second fiddle us.

I think provided we make a profit, a permanent switch for him is best for all parties.

Agree, I cannot see Moise getting down to the nitty gritty in this league and holding the ball up like DCL does, not even close. As you say, give him service like gets against defences like those in France, Moise will score but, he was way off that level for this team.

Each to their own mate, i wouldn't agree with a lot of that , but all good. Personally i hate seeing quality leave the squad i think both Lookman and Kean are quality players a cut above the rank and file teenagers/early 20's in the PL and didn't get the opportunities they wanted or maybe needed due to developmental needs, experience and in all honesty at times our own poor situation in the table.

Its a tough gig in the PL admittedly, but id question the follow through strategy after signing them, what was the point really, unless we are just fattening calf's for the market.
You don't think he was bought to play? I'm not sure how that can possibly be the case after the way things have panned out but as you say, each to their own.

We’ll likely sell him when it suits us best. There’s very little chance of him coming here, he’s playing Champions League every week and doing TikTok dances with Neymar and Mbappe. He’s living his dream.

I would only sell this window if we can bring in another player that would improve us.

Difficult one this,.he's unhappy because we aren't playing him. And fair play to the lad he wanted to go and play games which he's done, he could have easily done a tosun or bolasie.

I think ancelotti needs to make it clear if he has plans for him next season if he was to come back, so if psg don't want to pay what we value him at and he comes back, if ancelotti tells him before hand listen you'll come back and you'll get game time he'd be less reluctant to come back don't you think?

I think he'll be sold myself, but if he was assured game time i don't think he'd come back fuming like.

He wasn't good enough to start though, certainly not ahead of Calvert-Lewin

The appearances he did get, he looked like a fish out of water.

Ancelotti/Brands will know the score given they've had him in person at Finch Farm.

There's probably a reason Juve let him go, and why Everton let him leave on loan despite having one fit striker on their books.

You don't think he was bought to play? I'm not sure how that can possibly be the case after the way things have panned out but as you say, each to their own.

Not particularly mate, i dont think you can guarantee a place to anyone. He would have told he was being brought into compete and if he did well he would play, but we had faith in him and the player he could become here to fulfill his ambitions etc.

If we brought him in as our no 1 starting forward, then it was stupid, he was/is still a kid and had what about 10 games under his belt at Juve, work it out.

I think he was brought in as a talent to compete now and also develop myself.

But all good agree to differ.

His attitude in games, even after scoring, was what disappointed me most about him. He made it perfectly clear he was unhappy and sulked his way to the loan at PSG.

He could of course come back and fight for his place. I do think he has a lot of ability. I think he has the footballing ability and the physique to be a success in the Premiership.

I think he lacks the determination or the mental toughness to deal with difficult situations and I think that may be the reason that first Juve and then Everton were prepared to sell.

Not particularly mate, i dont think you can guarantee a place to anyone. He would have told he was being brought into compete and if he did well he would play, but we had faith in him and the player he could become here to fulfill his ambitions etc.

If we brought him in as our no 1 starting forward, then it was stupid, he was/is still a kid and had what about 10 games under his belt at Juve, work it out.

I think he was brought in as a talent to compete now and also develop myself.

But all good agree to differ.
Where have you pulled guarantees from? I'm not talking about him being guaranteed games, I'm saying we didn't pay £27m and £50k for 'one of the world's most exciting prospects' who had international and CL experience with a view to him slowly developing over 3 or 4 years. He didn't come here for that either. He was signed because he was supposed to become a key player for us, but he couldn't perform the role we needed from him and so he wasn't getting picked.

Ancelotti/Brands will know the score given they've had him in person at Finch Farm.

There's probably a reason Juve let him go, and why Everton let him leave on loan despite having one fit striker on their books.
Juve let him go because he was entering the final year of his contract and refused to sign another. By all accounts they tried to get him back on loan themselves this season despite them not being short of options up front. He has also become a regular in the National squad.

You are correct in your other points though.

When Kean first signed I think Silva had every intention of giving him a shot at being the number one striker, however results weren't great and he was clinging onto his job, thus went with the safer option in DCL, he lost his job Carlo come in and DCL hit form and never looked back really, but I still maintain he wasn't given a propa go like DCL has.

Let's get it right here, if we are basing Kean on the very little minutes he had as a 20 year old then DCL would have been sold off as well. DCL was rewarded with patience and both Everton and dcl have profited massively from that.

Again, I think he'll be sold but it'll be a shame as I think he'll go on to be a top quality striker.

He might just not suit the PL. Could be that simple.

If so, and there’s a willing buyer, I’d sell.

We did sign him and he was rubbish remember
He wasn’t rubbish, he looked like a raw player with talent. That has been bourn out at PSG and his time at Juvenuts.

We struggle to bring youth through because we are hardly ever comfortable enough in games to bring them on. When we do use younger players, it’s usually forced by a crisis.

The PL is the toughest league in the world. It’s hard for anyone to come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.