2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Covid isn’t 50/50, he’s either got it or he hasn’t....

50/50 to play tomorrow (i.e. they could be waiting on the test results - testing was done today)

However, having watched the presser back in full, I think it's probably an injury as Carlo said 'see after training'.

Maybe he's been in close contact with a covid case and has had to isolate? He definitely wasn't in the training vids last week.

50/50 to play tomorrow (i.e. they could be waiting on the test results - testing was done today)

However, having watched the presser back in full, I think it's probably an injury as Carlo said 'see after training'.

Maybe he's been in close contact with a covid case and has had to isolate? He definitely wasn't in the training vids last week.
Either way, we could really do with him playing!!

He’s had a terrible season and he’s definitely let the club down more than once when we’ve really needed him.

Very frustrating.

I really don't buy this 'terrible' thing at all.

He started the season brilliantly, just without the goals - though he had scored four in the space of a week before he got that injury v West Ham.

That was aggravated against Brighton and clearly he didn't get over it on international duty. The entire team was outplayed v Liverpool but he still looked dangerous - his tackle on Thiago was daft and cost us, but like with DCL's injury now or Rich's injury, it only cost us because of a stupid risk that the recruitment/management team took at the end of the summer window.

Once he came back against Fulham he set up Dom's opener in the space of 40 seconds. He got frustrated v Leeds - again in another poor team display where the entire side looked shot - and was poor v Burnley (still got an assist mind).

Since that Burnley game, he's played pretty much as a really deep left sided player, and had no attacking support from the full-back, because it's been Godfrey. there. He can't do it all himself.

He was good v Leicester, frustrating v Chelsea and hit and miss v Arsenal. Yes, he was poor v United before the injury and was dreadful v West Ham, but he's hardly been terrible and he's still a key part of our functioning team. Indeed, he is one of the key parts.

He's a forward, whether down the middle or wide in a proper front three (like we saw at the start of the season) - but he needs to be playing there.

He's not a winger and we'll never see the best out of him in a defensive 4-4-1-1 out of possession, but it's needs must in recent games.

He's done enough dragging us through the mud over the last two years to buy him a bit of slack for an iffy few months. The lad's 23.

He's been terrible since the Derby, before then I thought he was playing well, but not scoring a lot.
Imagine looking at some of the dross in our team and thinking that Richarlison has been "terrible" since the Deby.

He's not been in top form, and has had some issues with end product from trying to make too much happen. He gives 100% effort every minute he's on the pitch.

Yes, we expect more from him, b/c he's one of our 3 best players when firing on all cylinders. He's just in a rough patch. He hasn't been terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.