Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched 1hf since the middle, and it was very poor considering the side we play against. Guess we still win this, but with that kind of performance, we are no way near to have this cup. And yet we have to fight. You can play not good enough, but it is the desire to fight that makes you better in the end.

I'm not sure Simms does.

We have to find out sooner or later otherwise he can be marked down as another one Unsworth has won stuff with but has failed to make it through beyond that.

Any other club we’d be asking Unsworth why the academy teams can do well in those competitions but that is where the players peak whereas Everton promote him so there is even less oversight...

Everton running out of steam after ten minutes made it an enjoyably close first half, now the scene is set for a Rotherham Utd hero to step up and knock us out. I think our quality will show through and we'll net two or three more goals this half to be honest. COYB!

Hmm. I think we started fine, but immediately relaxed after scoring. That’s the issue, and they grew into the game. We then have Coleman and Keane - who should be leading and organising - saying nothing, and our midfielders are all so quiet too.

Only bloke shouting is Olsen
I always feel like shouting and pointing is a bit overrated. I’d much rather they passed to each other and that.

Status
Not open for further replies.