Match Thread Everton v Rotherham. Sat. 9th Jan, 2021. 12.00. FA Cup 3rd round

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You get the feeling some of our players turned up today expecting a walkover and weren’t mentally prepared for their hectic pressing.

Digne and James can be excused for looking a bit off pace, but the rest of them haven’t looked up for it since I switched on.

There's a few other players walking in this team.
I agree, but in what way?
Do we think we are so much better than them that it's not worth worrying about?
Or they haven't got the bottle to deal with the situation?
I don't know mate, but then, I'm not getting paid millions of pounds a year to sort it out.

Scored easily, our team thought it'd be a rout and switched off.

Midfield is terrible but we knew that when we saw the line up. If we brought on doucoure we'd be fine.

Again seeing the issues with James central, though.
Without the players behind him zipping it into him, or the players around him buzzing about, he has to drop far too deep. He has no pace to drive with the ball so is relying on picking out an incisive pass. Of course he is more than capable of that, but there is a severe lack of movement so he’s forced to go backwards.

What an awful team Everton are. Imagine if they played like this in front of a crowd. Backwards, sideways and backwards again, then give it away. Shocking describes it. The score should be 1-3.

The biggest problem is we can't play down our right because James is in the middle. But if James moves to the right you open up defensive problems and you can't play through the middle. And then of course the games were Digne doesn't play also kill us on the left. There are issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.