2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poch isn't going to last there if he's going to treat Neymar and Mbappe like he did an up and coming Spurs side I don't think.
It's a toxic environment in which to work, as Tuchel and many more, including the sainted Carlo, found out to their cost.

I don’t believe much the media try and peddle mate. The lad may have wanted more mins, that should be applauded compared to some we have. But their is a big difference between that and not wanting to be here.

Same thing happened with Lookman a few years ago, it’s just assumption that becomes accepted.
In that case I can’t argue my point and I’ll leave it at that.

I don’t believe much the media try and peddle mate. The lad may have wanted more mins, that should be applauded compared to some we have. But their is a big difference between that and not wanting to be here.

Same thing happened with Lookman a few years ago, it’s just assumption that becomes accepted.
Well its not really an assumption is it?

Cos both players left the first chance they got.

But hey ho, he was crying when he left and we forced him out.

That's fine, but he did little to ensure he wouldn't have to sit on the bench. I was thrilled when we signed him, but he's been a huge disappointment. He's a talented player, but sometimes moves don't work out. If we can sell him at a profit, then that's something to be considered. It's not every failed move that yields a profit.
Agreed but 31m is not a profit and he's playing well now. We have the leverage to get a profit.

It's a toxic environment in which to work, as Tuchel and many more, including the sainted Carlo, found out to their cost.
The right guy can get it done. Real Madrid was seen as toxic before Zidane but he's been able to handle it. Barca is toxic now but wasn't under Pep or even under Enrique. It's a skill. I'm not sure Poch is the guy who has the personal skills to handle that aspect of it.

In that case I can’t argue my point and I’ll leave it at that.

Fair play mate. Not being confrontational. But I think that is a narrative assumed often in these scenarios.

Anyway, CL team, wanting our young promising international striker for a mere 5 mill profit, to fit in beside Neymar and Mbappe, anything below 38-40 mill and we’ve been done.

I wonder if the deal was being done the other way how much he would cost, don’t be small time Everton, the lad has 15 odd years of a career ahead of him.

If a club was to go out and try and buy the starting striker for PSG, who is a full Italian international, who has scored 9 in 16, and is only 20, they would have to offer more than 31mil. 40 minimum, they can most certainly afford it.
Exactly, it’s not about it working out here, it’s about the fact that his value in the market is more then that.

The right guy can get it done. Real Madrid was seen as toxic before Zidane but he's been able to handle it. Barca is toxic now but wasn't under Pep or even under Enrique. It's a skill. I'm not sure Poch is the guy who has the personal skills to handle that aspect of it.
Nobody has yet got it right at PSG. I'd be amazed if Poch lasts two seasons.

He's 20 and he's clearly improving and scoring a lot of goals. Basically we have the leverage that he's closer now to a good player than a prospect but also isn't the finished product.

There is no reason we can't make his current performance level into a profitable situation.
We should take the money before Neymar gets fully fit and hes kissing pine in Paris and Mino is calling them all sorts.

The only leverage we have is that currently hes worth our money back.

Take it and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.