2020/21 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything below 38 - 40 million is a bad deal.

Another failure to develop a young talented player.
A young talented player who didn’t want to be here because another young talented player was getting in ahead of him and performing after cutting his teeth for years? Sounds like a great problem to have.

The lad doesn’t want to be here, he’s found it hard work and it hasn’t taken his chances. Not entirely his fault, I think he was bought to be our no1 striker but Dom has excelled and you can’t stop DCL for a striker who appeared to be going though the motions. He’s clearly a talented kid and there’s a big chance he’ll be one of the those players we look at in 10 years wondering why we let him go but I think right now 31million for a fella who has no interest in playing for Everton is good business and we don’t have many sellable assets who would actually make us money and who wouldn’t drastically weaken our team.

Just to reiterate because it is about to come up a lot again: it is not wrong for a player with a finite number of years to play football as a pro to not want to sit on a team's bench when he has other options that will allow him to play. So let's leave that "he didn't want to fight for his place" mess somewhere else.

He.m didn’t contribute when he was here regardless of the reasons. If we can get moment for him and get in a player that will contribute then we should do it.

I think he'll be unwilling to do the donkey work demanded by Pochettino and come back to us as damaged goods. Sell and reinvest.

I would deffo sell him but PSG love pulling Brands pants down...

£30 million for Gana who was one of the best defensive midfielders statistically in europe the season he left.

£31 million for a 20 yr old Italian international who's scoring at a rate of over 1 in 2 games for PSG.

£35-40 million otherwise we've been had again.

It was quite widely reported that he pushed for the loan himself

I don’t believe much the media try and peddle mate. The lad may have wanted more mins, that should be applauded compared to some we have. But their is a big difference between that and not wanting to be here.

Same thing happened with Lookman a few years ago, it’s just assumption that becomes accepted.

I would deffo sell him but PSG love pulling Brands pants down...

£30 million for Gana who was one of the best defensive midfielders statistically in europe the season he left.

£31 million for a 20 yr old Italian international who's scoring at a rate of over 1 in 2 games for PSG.

£35-40 million otherwise we've been had again.
Selling a 30 year old for 30m was a bad deal?

He didn't want to sit on a bench. It has nothing to do with it being Everton and everything to do with what his role was set to be.
That's fine, but he did little to ensure he wouldn't have to sit on the bench. I was thrilled when we signed him, but he's been a huge disappointment. He's a talented player, but sometimes moves don't work out. If we can sell him at a profit, then that's something to be considered. It's not every failed move that yields a profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.