Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally stoked that this game is postponed. We can rest for the mutants who will come off a game 2 days prior, and man a full team against city at the end of the season. Win, win.
It would be great now if we are well placed in top four over next few months with that game in hand in the pocket.

Making a team play a significantly weak side or forfeiting a game sets a dangerous precedent, especially when there's a good chance we could catch it from them and be in the same position a week later...

They also forced the Broncos to play with literally no quarterback. I’d put good money down this is from a few city players acting irresponsibly.
Yes but Denver had one positive test and other close contacts. When teams had outbreaks they postponed too.

If it were just Jesus and Walker positive and then a few other guys deemed high risk I have no doubt they'd play tonight with who was left, but more people tested positive and with no real idea who else might have it and not be showing it yet it is just too unsafe to have a match tonight.

Forfeiting is bad option for everyone.

I don't think City has faked the positives. Are you suggesting we purposefully give people COVID? Not sure that's a good plan mate.

No im saying if we demanded the game be played then it could bite us on the arse if we end up in Citys position down the line with the authorities having little sympathy for us requesting a postponement.

Status
Not open for further replies.